British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   The Royal Wedding (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/royal-wedding-710677/)

NorthernLad Mar 24th 2011 9:36 am

The Royal Wedding

I must stress, this question is for a friend. Honest.

Does anyone know if the royal wedding will be any of the Showtime channels?

Meow Mar 24th 2011 9:41 am

Re: The Royal Wedding

No idea, but I know that Barasti is doing a British Day where they'll be showing it on large screens with Brit food and drink. I am sure it'll be on Sky News all day and don't most people have that as part of a package?

weasel central Mar 24th 2011 9:46 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 9261388)
I must stress, this question is for a friend. Honest.

Does anyone know if the royal wedding will be any of the Showtime channels?

a flamboyant friend?

Millsyisland Mar 24th 2011 11:31 am

I believe it will be on BBC Entertainment.

Not that I'm interested of course, I'll be doing masculine things like watching sport, telling dirty jokes, talking about sexual conquests.........

Then maybe I'll sit down with a cup of tea and a Union Jack flag to wave, and watch the happy couple........

commander Mar 24th 2011 11:42 pm

When is it?

NorthernLad Mar 25th 2011 7:23 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9263205)
When is it?

I wouldn't know, I can ask my 'friend'.

nottmbantam Mar 25th 2011 10:39 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 9263669)
I wouldn't know, I can ask my 'friend'.

Friday April 29th.

I know this not cos I'm some sort of girlie wuss, but cos it throws the UK school holidays into complete and utter chaos.

Very inconsiderate of the 'The Happy Couple'. Selfish gits. Hope it rains all day.

Paracletus Mar 25th 2011 10:40 am

If all has goen to plan...the BBC should have its opening sequence doen today. :blink:

Norm_uk Mar 27th 2011 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9261398)
No idea, but I know that Barasti is doing a British Day where they'll be showing it on large screens with Brit food and drink. I am sure it'll be on Sky News all day and don't most people have that as part of a package?

Can we arrange a boycott on the grounds that we have a far deeper and richer culture than being moths around the flame of unelected heads of state?

;)

N.

Spugsy Mar 27th 2011 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9261398)

I think most hotels are doing similar.

Meow Mar 27th 2011 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9266953)
I think most hotels are doing similar.

For sure. Give it a week or two and there'll be a flood of offers and adverts for royal wedding themed events.

Hello.Kitty Mar 27th 2011 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9266961)
For sure. Give it a week or two and there'll be a flood of offers and adverts for royal wedding themed events.

I'm trying to find a venue for one. Can't take it too seriously, so the plan - in its infancy - is to dress as Heads of State... of any nationality, century or reputation. We might just have to crash and burn out of it if we can't find a place that has a telly, serves alcohol and isn't already booked up!

Millhouse Mar 27th 2011 6:36 am

I think I'll go to wild waddi and pretend the whole thing just isn't happening.

Norm_uk Mar 27th 2011 6:47 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 9267016)
I think I'll go to wild waddi and pretend the whole thing just isn't happening.

I'd join you but only if they allow me to bring a few bottles of Black Label - am helping the British economy as much as possible these days ;)

Meow Mar 27th 2011 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 9267010)
I'm trying to find a venue for one. Can't take it too seriously, so the plan - in its infancy - is to dress as Heads of State... of any nationality, century or reputation. We might just have to crash and burn out of it if we can't find a place that has a telly, serves alcohol and isn't already booked up!

I think you'll have a few choices as not many places have announced their plans yet. Raffles has a big event on.

I will look forward to seeing photos of you dressed up :D