Royal Air Mail

Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Thinkingaboutit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal Air Mail

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Hi Thinkingaboutit

Yes it was the 'International Signed For', and the lady at the counter did say between 6-14 days. I asked if i could get it done any quicker and she said it would cost £50 (I asked her to repeat it as I wasnt sure I heard it right!).

The disclaimer at the bottom of your receipt limits the liability to 100 times the basic cost of a first class stamp

Gent
Great. Best of luck with yours. Lets have a race, I will let you know when mine gets there.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Leo Leo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default International Sign Up Mail

Hi, there
Does anybody experienced 'international sign up' mail serivce from UAE Embassy london to send to Dubai? I had my mail dispached this morning from London but I have no idea how long it may takes to arrive here in Dubai given the efficiency of UAE post system............pls share your experience with me. Thanks !
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Hi, there

I had my 'international sign up' mail sent this morning from UAE embassy london to Dubai, how long was your case? Thanks. I really don't ecpect I would have that in five days.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Leo Leo
Hi, there

I had my 'international sign up' mail sent this morning from UAE embassy london to Dubai, how long was your case? Thanks. I really don't ecpect I would have that in five days.
Mine is still not there.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Hi, there

Could you let me know how long it takes for u to receive the mail in Dubai?
Cheers !
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Leo

You can track (only in the UK though) any international sign up mail. Post Office says "If you use International Signed For™ with Airmail delivery our target time is within three working days to Western Europe, four working days to Eastern Europe and five working days for the rest of the world. By Surface mail, it may take up to two weeks for Western Europe, four weeks for Eastern Europe, and up to eight weeks elsewhere. For faster delivery times you should use Airsure® if it's available for your destination. "

I checked my letters online and its says "Your item, posted on 19/09/08 with reference RJ*******GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in KUWAIT."
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

boroexile is an unknown quantity at this point

My certificates took 3 days to get from Scotland to AD via DHL. I know it may be too late for this time but if your docs are important I would recommend doing it this way if you have to re-send them as it can be tracked step by step. At £30 its not cheap but at least it gives you peace of mind when you can track it all the way.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by boroexile
My certificates took 3 days to get from Scotland to AD via DHL. I know it may be too late for this time but if your docs are important I would recommend doing it this way if you have to re-send them as it can be tracked step by step. At £30 its not cheap but at least it gives you peace of mind when you can track it all the way.
Mine arrived this morning. Sent on Friday so six days door to door. Not bad for £3.50.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Wooooow, the chance you got your mail that quickly almost equals to win a lottary! Congratuations.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Thinkingaboutit

Congrats - I phoned my company about it and the HR guy said that he hadnt recieved it yet (I guess mine is stuck on some camel somewhere !!) - he said it takes usually 7 days from London (so hopefully he will get it early next week)

Gent

edit: p.s. is life going to be this boring from now on that we write about how long letters get to destinations

Last edited by UKCityGent; Sep 24th 2008 at 6:25 pm. Reason: p.s added
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thinkingaboutit

Congrats - I phoned my company about it and the HR guy said that he hadnt recieved it yet (I guess mine is stuck on some camel somewhere !!) - he said it takes usually 7 days from London (so hopefully he will get it early next week)

Gent

edit: p.s. is life going to be this boring from now on that we write about how long letters get to destinations
I was thinking that myself. Hope your arrives soon.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Again, talking about the F***ing mail problem. Anyone can tell me how many days that takes betwen the day Royal Mail dispatched the mail out UK handover to UAE post system to the day actually you got it? In my case, website of Royal Mail shows my item left UK and hand over to UAE post system on 24th. UAE post must use snails for delivery not even camels.........
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:44 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Thinkingaboutit

Congrats - I phoned my company about it and the HR guy said that he hadnt recieved it yet (I guess mine is stuck on some camel somewhere !!) - he said it takes usually 7 days from London (so hopefully he will get it early next week).
Gent

A tip. The mail system for standard mail goes to the post office in Kuwait. It takes five days. After that you have to go and get it. In Kuwait there are no addresses - just PO boxes and so everything to your work. You will never get anything out of the PO and will need to send someone. It took three months more to get a package from the po to my work because I was unaware of this.

Because all the companies use couriers they have good discounts and can arrange for a remote pick up at low cost - remind your HR that this could be done.

In my company we have a rate of say £2.50 for every package out or in. Postal is not worth the hassle.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Bijilo123

Thanks for the tip - def worth remembering !

I did confirm the address before i had sent the package via blackberry and the HR manager gave me another address with street number and name. I also added his name and phone number on the front as well incase it got lost in transit. Fingers crossed !!

Gent
Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:04 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Gent,

I know it is unhelpful but the imigration process is so standard and actually quite reliable that there really is no need to send docs in advance. Getting the work permit and the entry visa is quite easy and is done in UK. Next stage is to get residence and Civil ID which is harder and I did in Kuwait - repeat of medicals at Govt Clinic, surrender passport, submit attested docs again. Also the driving licence - Degree, Eye test (you are young so you'll not need) and that.

So the only difference for me was that I could not leave the country or rent a flat until I had civil ID - and I suppose you are getting something else but I wonder if you'll be stalled anyway because of having to re-medical.

By the way, take 25 plain pp photos and 6 with royal blue background if you want to be really proactive. You need the Blue ones for the driving license!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.