Roof over my head

Old Aug 15th 2005, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Nieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant futureNieuwsgierig_aagje has a brilliant future
Default Roof over my head

Hi all,

A few weeks ago I've been consulting you guys about salaries, packages, allowances and that kind of stuff. Well, things turned out well, and I got an offer from my manager that I'm going to take. A few of you know about this already, and I want to take the opportunity to thank all of you for your help (especially W10, Singlemom and last but not least: Face)!

I owe you one! If you ever need some advice about cheese, tulips or wooden shoes, just shout!

The next thing I'm facing is finding a decent apartement. I'm currently located in an hotel apartment in Bur Dubai. In September I'm going back to The Netherlands to finish things (quit my job, find a tenant for my house and saying bye bye to the Dutch tax-system), and I will be returning in November. I like Bur Dubai, because there are a lot of facilities: banks, malls, supermarkets etc. So I want to stay there. But I also don't want to spend a lot of money on an apartment because I don't need a lot of space.

So does anyone of you know where I should be looking for a decent and furnished apartment in a nice neighbourhood? I'm thinking about an annual rent between 45K and 65K dhs.
And do annual rents also include water, electricity and internet?

Thanks in advance!!

NA
Old Aug 15th 2005, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roof over my head

Hello there,
I am currently living in Bur Dubai in an apartment in Golden Sands (residential apartments - not short stay).

It's a 1 BDRM with excellent Gym, sauna, pool and games room. It faces into an internal quadrant area so no road noise, construction noise and a lot less dust.
Has qood quality new kitchen facilities and washer dryer etc.
It's standard size for a Dubai 1 bdrm and has small balcony.
It's great.

Anyway - missus and i just broke up so thinking I might go flatting....this probably won't happen until end of sept or october.

If you're interested I shall keep you posted.

The rent is 57,000 and incl aircon and sat. tv.