Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Romance - Islamic Style

Romance - Islamic Style

Old Apr 15th 2009, 11:44 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Romance - Islamic Style

It's really nice if you fall in love in an Islamic fundamentalist state. At least the two lovers were simply shot rather than stoned to death, which I suppose is a blessing. This type of stuff really makes me angry.:curse:

http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles.../10304060.html
Old Apr 15th 2009, 11:53 am
Banned

fred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nice
Default Re: Romance - Islamic Style

Originally Posted by lionheart
It's really nice if you fall in love in an Islamic fundamentalist state. At least the two lovers were simply shot rather than stoned to death, which I suppose is a blessing. This type of stuff really makes me angry.:curse:

Yep. A bunch of bloody nutters no good to anyone.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:03 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

their parents turned them over?
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:12 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
yep, honour killing style.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:14 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by still.unsure
yep, honour killing style.
how can you do that, raise your kid all those years then put them in front of the firing range
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:23 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

how can you do that, raise your kid all those years then put them in front of the firing range
i don't think it would ever be possible to comprehend how that works. we're talking about people who come from the perspective of when having children, it's you've got to have 'an heir and a spare'. when you live in tight knit communities where your (very literal) survival depends at times on the good will of others, knowing and fearing that they won't support you because of something your children did is enough of a justification to throw their life away.

i find the statement though (honour killing) to be one of those fantastic oxymorons that humans use... where the hell is honour in that kind of killing?
Old Apr 15th 2009, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by lionheart

Dont get me started i watched the kite runner a few months ago, i was livid!

And then i read the book and was even more pissed off, those flippin taliban need a serious a$$ whooping. Give Islam a bad name.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:49 pm
Banned

fred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by still.unsure
i don't think it would ever be possible to comprehend how that works. we're talking about people who come from the perspective of when having children, it's you've got to have 'an heir and a spare'. when you live in tight knit communities where your (very literal) survival depends at times on the good will of others, knowing and fearing that they won't support you because of something your children did is enough of a justification to throw their life away.

i find the statement though (honour killing) to be one of those fantastic oxymorons that humans use... where the hell is honour in that kind of killing?
I have just made my one year old daughter a bottle of milk.
There is no way in this daft world I can understand anyone wanting their kids dead or even allowing it without giving their dying breath to stop it.

There may well be things that she does in the future I don't like but nothing she ever did would make me go to that crazy extreme.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently in The Greens (arrived in Dubai on 22nd May 2009!).
FunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really nice

It's reading stories like this that make my blood boil & my heart sink...! To live in such a society....it beggars belief. We are so, so, lucky in so many ways!

And to think....there's someone on here who is wondering if they should let the maid use the pool! FFS!!!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 7:38 pm
Banned

zaneer is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Romance - Islamic Style

Exactly,
I totally agree with feline, we are just so blessed by the almighty. There are still many societies where marriages are forced and girls have no choice. Well, on the religious perspective, in Islam, a girl has complete rights to know whom she is getting married to and even reject the proposal. Its so sad!

Regards
Zane

Originally Posted by FunnyFeline
It's reading stories like this that make my blood boil & my heart sink...! To live in such a society....it beggars belief. We are so, so, lucky in so many ways!

And to think....there's someone on here who is wondering if they should let the maid use the pool! FFS!!!

Last edited by zaneer; Apr 15th 2009 at 7:41 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 5:47 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=zaneer;7483421]in Islam, a girl has complete rights to know whom she is getting married to and even reject the proposal.QUOTE]

Yeah, like that works for this kid???
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:01 pm
Banned

zaneer is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Romance - Islamic Style

Roadking,
I meant to say that, even that lil girl's parents are n't aware/ignored their religion's obligations. If they really believed in Islam's emphasis on the rights of a woman, then such things would never happen....

[QUOTE=Roadking;7485617]
Originally Posted by zaneer
in Islam, a girl has complete rights to know whom she is getting married to and even reject the proposal.QUOTE]

Yeah, like that works for this kid???
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:14 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

aye Taliban shit, these sort of people should be dropped down a mineshaft.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 6:40 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I agree
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently in The Greens (arrived in Dubai on 22nd May 2009!).
FunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really nice

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Hear Hear!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.