British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Romance - Islamic Style (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/romance-islamic-style-603668/)

lionheart Apr 15th 2009 11:44 am

Romance - Islamic Style

It's really nice if you fall in love in an Islamic fundamentalist state. At least the two lovers were simply shot rather than stoned to death, which I suppose is a blessing. This type of stuff really makes me angry.:curse:

http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles.../10304060.html

fred uk Apr 15th 2009 11:53 am

Re: Romance - Islamic Style

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7482069)
It's really nice if you fall in love in an Islamic fundamentalist state. At least the two lovers were simply shot rather than stoned to death, which I suppose is a blessing. This type of stuff really makes me angry.:curse:

Yep. A bunch of bloody nutters no good to anyone.

Blue Cat Apr 15th 2009 12:03 pm

their parents turned them over?

still.unsure Apr 15th 2009 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7482118)

yep, honour killing style. :blink:

Blue Cat Apr 15th 2009 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by still.unsure (Post 7482140)
yep, honour killing style. :blink:

how can you do that, raise your kid all those years then put them in front of the firing range :(:(:(:(

still.unsure Apr 15th 2009 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7482150)
how can you do that, raise your kid all those years then put them in front of the firing range :(:(:(:(

i don't think it would ever be possible to comprehend how that works. we're talking about people who come from the perspective of when having children, it's you've got to have 'an heir and a spare'. when you live in tight knit communities where your (very literal) survival depends at times on the good will of others, knowing and fearing that they won't support you because of something your children did is enough of a justification to throw their life away.

i find the statement though (honour killing) to be one of those fantastic oxymorons that humans use... where the hell is honour in that kind of killing?

deemi786 Apr 15th 2009 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7482069)

Dont get me started i watched the kite runner a few months ago, i was livid!

And then i read the book and was even more pissed off, those flippin taliban need a serious a$$ whooping. Give Islam a bad name.

fred uk Apr 15th 2009 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by still.unsure (Post 7482170)
i don't think it would ever be possible to comprehend how that works. we're talking about people who come from the perspective of when having children, it's you've got to have 'an heir and a spare'. when you live in tight knit communities where your (very literal) survival depends at times on the good will of others, knowing and fearing that they won't support you because of something your children did is enough of a justification to throw their life away.

i find the statement though (honour killing) to be one of those fantastic oxymorons that humans use... where the hell is honour in that kind of killing?

I have just made my one year old daughter a bottle of milk.
There is no way in this daft world I can understand anyone wanting their kids dead or even allowing it without giving their dying breath to stop it.

There may well be things that she does in the future I don't like but nothing she ever did would make me go to that crazy extreme.

FunnyFeline Apr 15th 2009 3:10 pm

It's reading stories like this that make my blood boil :mad: & my heart sink...! :( To live in such a society....it beggars belief. We are so, so, lucky in so many ways!

And to think....there's someone on here who is wondering if they should let the maid use the pool! FFS!!! :ohmy:

zaneer Apr 15th 2009 7:38 pm

Exactly,
I totally agree with feline, we are just so blessed by the almighty. There are still many societies where marriages are forced and girls have no choice. Well, on the religious perspective, in Islam, a girl has complete rights to know whom she is getting married to and even reject the proposal. Its so sad!

Regards
Zane:zzz:

Originally Posted by FunnyFeline (Post 7482678)
It's reading stories like this that make my blood boil :mad: & my heart sink...! :( To live in such a society....it beggars belief. We are so, so, lucky in so many ways!

And to think....there's someone on here who is wondering if they should let the maid use the pool! FFS!!! :ohmy:

Roadking Apr 16th 2009 5:47 pm

[QUOTE=zaneer;7483421]in Islam, a girl has complete rights to know whom she is getting married to and even reject the proposal.QUOTE]

Yeah, like that works for this kid???

zaneer Apr 16th 2009 10:01 pm

Roadking,
I meant to say that, even that lil girl's parents are n't aware/ignored their religion's obligations. If they really believed in Islam's emphasis on the rights of a woman, then such things would never happen.... :(

[QUOTE=Roadking;7485617]

Originally Posted by zaneer (Post 7483421)
in Islam, a girl has complete rights to know whom she is getting married to and even reject the proposal.QUOTE]

Yeah, like that works for this kid???

Spugsy Apr 16th 2009 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7482118)

aye Taliban shit, these sort of people should be dropped down a mineshaft.

Blue Cat Apr 17th 2009 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7486310)

I agree ;)

FunnyFeline Apr 17th 2009 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7486310)

Hear Hear!