Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Rock Bottom (Tecom)

Rock Bottom (Tecom)

Old Dec 19th 2010, 9:36 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rock Bottom (Tecom)

Has anyone been to the new Rock Bottom in Ramee Rose Hotel (Tecom)?

My boss wants a works night out there, it was supposed to open 15th December but I've not seen any reviews on it yet.

Cheers!
Old Dec 19th 2010, 10:27 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rock Bottom (Tecom)

Originally Posted by NorthernLad

My boss wants a works night out there, it was supposed to open 15th December but I've not seen any reviews on it yet.

Cheers!
not heard anything about this at all, try the Belgian Bar at the Millenium though
Old Dec 19th 2010, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Yes. Its a lot smaller than the one on the Dark Side but to me it managed to capture the same kind of atmosphere...i.e. down and dirty.

It was good though. I'm not sure if it was just because of christmas parties and whatnot though. I think it'll be a big hit. Hopefully the idiots will stay away though.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 11:10 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Yes. Its a lot smaller than the one on the Dark Side but to me it managed to capture the same kind of atmosphere...i.e. down and dirty.

It was good though. I'm not sure if it was just because of christmas parties and whatnot though. I think it'll be a big hit. Hopefully the idiots will stay away though.
Cheers...did you have food in there (and was it any good)?
Old Dec 19th 2010, 11:19 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the Dubai radio stations recorded their show there on opening night.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

let's hope they don't follow the same racist door policy that the original one does...

MM, xx
Old Dec 19th 2010, 11:50 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
let's hope they don't follow the same racist door policy that the original one does...

MM, xx
yea, that place is terrible..

have seen too many cases of blatant racism there towards Indians.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 12:16 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
yea, that place is terrible..

have seen too many cases of blatant racism there towards Indians.
Kind of ironic seeing that Ramee Hotels are Indian owned...
Old Dec 19th 2010, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Kind of ironic seeing that Ramee Hotels are Indian owned...
No one knows how to exploit an Indian like an Indian unfortunately. Sad but true!
Old Dec 19th 2010, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers...did you have food in there (and was it any good)?
They do food? This is a revelation to me. I've only ever been in that place after midnight and innumerable beers.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 1:55 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=CeeBee;9049354]They do food? This is a revelation to me. I've only ever been in that place after midnight and innumerable beers.[/QUO
dont forget the shwarma by the exit...(in the old place that is)
Old Dec 19th 2010, 6:11 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers!
mate went on the opening bnight, said it was dreadful - and also filthy as well.

Not in a good way.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 2:27 am
Big Member

Originally Posted by Spugsy
mate went on the opening bnight, said it was dreadful - and also filthy as well.

Not in a good way.
OK, cheers for that. Think we'll give it a miss, I don't want to jeopardise my bonus by taking our team to a shitpit.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

There's a new bar at the Bonnington that is worth a try if you're stuck for ideas.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 4:00 am
Big Member

Originally Posted by CeeBee
There's a new bar at the Bonnington that is worth a try if you're stuck for ideas.
McGettigans? Heard it's pretty good, might try that instead. Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.