Roadworks in UAE

Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

W0LFMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Roadworks in UAE

Greetings everyone.

I have a question regarding the Roadworks in the UAE, I was wondering if there is any? lol so to speak... or anything thats more than a man waving a flag.. or maybe a single cone thats been used on millions of jobs that was originally posted from the UK.

Reason I ask, it that I'm heading over there with a Friend who's lined himself up with a few jobs.. I'm tagging along as his step-bro for confidence.. and was thinking of having a sniff around possible job offers. Will be flying over to stay first week in December.

I've Designed Roadworks for nearly 6 years in UK and 3 in Ireland, currently based in Dublin Designing the Luas/Airport and Metro, but like all great company elite personal, most have UAE experience...

What you reckon my chances out there are like?..next few days I'll Send out my CV and website showing my work...I can adapt fast and my 3D roadworks is nearly off the ground...

Any info would be thanked many times over..

Regards

W0LFMAN
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:34 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roadworks in UAE

Originally Posted by W0LFMAN
Greetings everyone.

I have a question regarding the Roadworks in the UAE, I was wondering if there is any? lol so to speak... or anything thats more than a man waving a flag.. or maybe a single cone thats been used on millions of jobs that was originally posted from the UK.

Reason I ask, it that I'm heading over there with a Friend who's lined himself up with a few jobs.. I'm tagging along as his step-bro for confidence.. and was thinking of having a sniff around possible job offers. Will be flying over to stay first week in December.

I've Designed Roadworks for nearly 6 years in UK and 3 in Ireland, currently based in Dublin Designing the Luas/Airport and Metro, but like all great company elite personal, most have UAE experience...

What you reckon my chances out there are like?..next few days I'll Send out my CV and website showing my work...I can adapt fast and my 3D roadworks is nearly off the ground...

Regards

W0LFMAN
Once you arrive, you will realise how fatuous your opening line is....

Roadworks......sheesh..... in fact, Ill give you a shiva 'PAH'!!!!!
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:50 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W0LFMAN
Greetings everyone.

Regards

W0LFMAN

there are frequent vacancies for 'man waving flag standing in middle of road with a cone for protection'...
Old Nov 19th 2008, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

Investoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant future

Try applyin for a job in Sharjah. I dont understand why they have a Sharjah Map.... theres sooo many diversions and roadworks... whats the point of having a map. Am sure you'll get a job in Sharjah.

Inv.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

If you are going to be here in ten days time your best bet is to attend this.

http://www.thebig5exhibition.com/

Should find lots of good contacts and get to speak to the main players over here with regards to construction and infrastructure.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Loooooads of roadworks in AD at the mo too. :curse:
Old Nov 19th 2008, 11:00 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

2nd and 3rd of december are public holidays remember
Old Nov 19th 2008, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

W0LFMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for replays people...do keep them comming.

Will be flying 1st of Dec so will miss the big 5.. which is a MASSIVE shame... will use the public holidays to get to know my way around the place...
Do companys actually provide roadworks.. or is all run by the city council?...I heard its pritty bad.... SO maybe I got a good shot in trying to improve the place..can Do Plans very fast.. and not had one job that I havn't been able to design so far..
Mind you London was crazy during the bombing ..Ireland has some bad drivers ..Scotland is cold and equipment gets Trashed there ...Cork Stuff gets robbed just after puttin in on the ground ...Birmingham Moterway network is one mad place Dublin is amass with people walking through everything..:curse:

Maybe Dubai will be an easy place to design roadworks..

Regards Wolf
Old Nov 19th 2008, 2:18 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

the RTA do all the roadworks and I am guessing you are possible the wrong nationality for the job. Contact them anyway.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 2:19 pm
Concierge

http://www.rta.ae/wpsv5/wps/portal