Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

In Riyadh, Looking To Connect With Fellow Expats!

In Riyadh, Looking To Connect With Fellow Expats!

Old Oct 1st 2010, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

simo1498 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In Riyadh, Looking To Connect With Fellow Expats!

Hi Guys,
I flew from London to Riyadh yesterday for my first time in Saudi. I know my profession is going to rub some people up the wrong way but please bear with me, I am a recruitment consultant but do agree with many views on them and by visiting Saudi am one of the few that actually bothers visiting the place there recruiting for... I am here to tie up a few recruitment contracts with some construction companies in Riyadh and am trying to get to know the area so I can help any people I get jobs here in settling in etc. I havent left my hotel today as its Friday so not much happens but I have been told numerous "horror" stories regarding Saudi and as this is my first time and I am by myself and fairly young compared to most expats here. Im just looking for advice from people who have experience here and any major Do's and Dont's as I am not staying in a Expat compound. If anyone in the construction industry wants to meet while im here to discuss anything please let me know and I will try and arrange to see you. Sorry for rambling.
Any advice you guys have on getting around the city and staying safe would be appreciated.
Many Thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In Riyadh, Looking To Connect With Fellow Expats!

Originally Posted by simo1498
Hi Guys,
I flew from London to Riyadh yesterday for my first time in Saudi. I know my profession is going to rub some people up the wrong way but please bear with me, I am a recruitment consultant but do agree with many views on them and by visiting Saudi am one of the few that actually bothers visiting the place there recruiting for... I am here to tie up a few recruitment contracts with some construction companies in Riyadh and am trying to get to know the area so I can help any people I get jobs here in settling in etc. I havent left my hotel today as its Friday so not much happens but I have been told numerous "horror" stories regarding Saudi and as this is my first time and I am by myself and fairly young compared to most expats here. Im just looking for advice from people who have experience here and any major Do's and Dont's as I am not staying in a Expat compound. If anyone in the construction industry wants to meet while im here to discuss anything please let me know and I will try and arrange to see you. Sorry for rambling.
Any advice you guys have on getting around the city and staying safe would be appreciated.
Many Thanks
Make a few more posts (min 3 I think) and that will wnable the Private Message function on the board. I'll PM you re meet up for a coffee and chat about opportunities. sf
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Thnx for the response Saudiflares.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Should be able to pm me now?
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

maximuss is an unknown quantity at this point

Should be able to pm me now?
do you have saudi number or shall i give you mine then you can call and i give you details about saudi
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Just PM'd u
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Shawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond repute

Just PM'd u
Tell me ur not giving your number or details to complete randoms who have only posted 5 times on this site and sound decidedly local?

I think that falls under the not staying safe category ...
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shawlands
Tell me ur not giving your number or details to complete randoms who have only posted 5 times on this site and sound decidedly local?

I think that falls under the not staying safe category ...
Sound advice
Old Oct 4th 2010, 1:50 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder is this dude trying to find his way back out of the desert/jail/random house somewhere right now....after the tender male attentions of his host

chime in simo