Reload this Page >

Riyadh job offer - please advise, Thanks

Riyadh job offer - please advise, Thanks

Old Dec 6th 2008, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Herongate-76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Riyadh job offer - please advise, Thanks

Hi All,

I’ve just received a job offer from a Bank in Riyadh and I would appreciate your advices on the package offered. Basically there're offering me £68500 p.a, which includes housing allowance, transportation allowance, and an additional one-month salary as holiday benefit. Healthcare is included, no pension, no bonuses. I make around £ 55k pa in th U.K.

Initially they've offered to sort out my accommodation, now they've changed their mind, so I need to sort out my own accommodation, which can be tricky, as I understand. Any ideas how much a decent furnished apartment would set me back?

Please advice,

Simon

Last edited by Herongate-76; Dec 6th 2008 at 10:19 am. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 6th 2008, 11:40 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Riyadh job offer - please advise, Thanks

Originally Posted by Herongate-76
Hi All,

I’ve just received a job offer from a Bank in Riyadh and I would appreciate your advices on the package offered. Basically there're offering me £68500 p.a, which includes housing allowance, transportation allowance, and an additional one-month salary as holiday benefit. Healthcare is included, no pension, no bonuses. I make around £ 55k pa in th U.K.

Initially they've offered to sort out my accommodation, now they've changed their mind, so I need to sort out my own accommodation, which can be tricky, as I understand. Any ideas how much a decent furnished apartment would set me back?

Please advice,

Simon
hi Simon,

to give you a feel for the rents here, Eid Villas offers a 2x bed standard apartment about 100m2 for around SAR130,000 per annum (around £26k). if the total of £68k includes your housing allowance, you may want to have another chat with them about the package. also, did they give you any allowances for a car/annual travel 'home'/relocation, etc? and in terms of the assistance for accomodation, hound them for it b/c it's very difficult otherwise.

good luck!
Old Dec 6th 2008, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Herongate-76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by still.unsure
hi Simon,

to give you a feel for the rents here, Eid Villas offers a 2x bed standard apartment about 100m2 for around SAR130,000 per annum (around £26k). if the total of £68k includes your housing allowance, you may want to have another chat with them about the package. also, did they give you any allowances for a car/annual travel 'home'/relocation, etc? and in terms of the assistance for accomodation, hound them for it b/c it's very difficult otherwise.

good luck!
Thanks a lot for your reply! Only assistance with relocation is included, but no annual airline tickets. It doesn't really sound all worthwhile to be honest: to exchange my good life here in London to move to the most isolated, hottest country in the world I’d expect a better deal. I'll definitely have another chat with them soon.

Another question: considering the pond has lost q considerate deal of it's value, wouldn't be better to ask for an annual salary fixed in Riyals instead of Pounds?
Old Dec 7th 2008, 6:01 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Herongate-76
Thanks a lot for your reply! Only assistance with relocation is included, but no annual airline tickets. It doesn't really sound all worthwhile to be honest: to exchange my good life here in London to move to the most isolated, hottest country in the world I’d expect a better deal. I'll definitely have another chat with them soon.

Another question: considering the pond has lost q considerate deal of it's value, wouldn't be better to ask for an annual salary fixed in Riyals instead of Pounds?
not sure about the financial advice things (there's ppl with far more knowledge/confidence on that side) but am getting paid in riyals myself. mostly because of all my other money is in USD and it's a pegged exchange. (besides, i can't do math quick enough in my head when buying things! )