Reload this Page >

Riyadh Compounds Waiting List

Riyadh Compounds Waiting List

Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Mohameda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Riyadh Compounds Waiting List

Hi,

I am planning to move to Riyadh from Canada next spring, and currently waiting for an offer from my employer. I called few of the compounds in Riyadh to check rates, but found all of them full with waiting lists of anywhere from 50 to 200 people.

What are the chances of finding a place in these compounds? how many months do I have to wait? I heard it can be up to 6 months or more!
Can I rely on these waiting lists? I guess I will have to find a furnished apartment outside for several months until I have my turn.

I am concerned living outside compounds that my wife and girls will get bored not being able to move around, play sports or do activities. Is moving and doing activities doable for ladies when living outside compounds?

Thanks
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all
Default Re: Riyadh Compounds Waiting List

Originally Posted by Mohameda
Hi,

I am planning to move to Riyadh from Canada next spring, and currently waiting for an offer from my employer. I called few of the compounds in Riyadh to check rates, but found all of them full with waiting lists of anywhere from 50 to 200 people.

What are the chances of finding a place in these compounds? how many months do I have to wait? I heard it can be up to 6 months or more!
Can I rely on these waiting lists? I guess I will have to find a furnished apartment outside for several months until I have my turn.

I am concerned living outside compounds that my wife and girls will get bored not being able to move around, play sports or do activities. Is moving and doing activities doable for ladies when living outside compounds?

Thanks
Try Green City Compound. I stayed there and it was excellent.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

I'm waiting to move out from the UK to Riyadh, but I thought the employer would sort out the accommodation? I guess that depends on the employer? From what I can deduce, the company has its compound so would have to wait for any suitable accommodation to be freed up...
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:28 am
Just Joined

wilbur101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup... all of the western compounds are full at the moment and have waiting lists. I know mine (Arabian Homes) has about a 6 month wait at least.

Some companies have their own compounds (such as BAE) so if you're working for them, you should be fine.

Otherwise try and make it a condition of your employment that accommodation is provided... or at least that they find accom for you.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wilbur101
Yup... all of the western compounds are full at the moment and have waiting lists. I know mine (Arabian Homes) has about a 6 month wait at least.

Some companies have their own compounds (such as BAE) so if you're working for them, you should be fine.

Otherwise try and make it a condition of your employment that accommodation is provided... or at least that they find accom for you.
I think it is part of BAE, so would be one of their compounds, still waiting to hear something to progress the move.