Reload this Page >

Riyadh Compound costs approx

Riyadh Compound costs approx

Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:03 am
Just Joined

London_Riyadh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Riyadh Compound costs approx

Hi all,

Thank you everyone for all the useful tips posted on this forum that were immensely helpful. I (UK national with wife and a 2 month old infant) am currently negotiating a job move to Riyadh with my existing UK employer and needed some pricing info on the compounds. (I do understand the difficulty in getting a place but thats still in discussion with the company).

Just as a rough guide what would a 3-bed / large 2-bed villa cost to rent in the popular compounds please, if you can guesstimate?
Al Hamra
Kingdom
Eid
Cordoba
Arizona

Cheers!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 5:06 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Riyadh Compound costs approx

Originally Posted by London_Riyadh
Hi all,

Thank you everyone for all the useful tips posted on this forum that were immensely helpful. I (UK national with wife and a 2 month old infant) am currently negotiating a job move to Riyadh with my existing UK employer and needed some pricing info on the compounds. (I do understand the difficulty in getting a place but thats still in discussion with the company).

Just as a rough guide what would a 3-bed / large 2-bed villa cost to rent in the popular compounds please, if you can guesstimate?
Al Hamra
Kingdom
Eid
Cordoba
Arizona

Cheers!
Eid for what you're describing is about the 160k+ mark for a 2x bed and around the 200k for a 3x bed. a basic two bedder (1x month ago) was 130k and they head upwards (very steeply!) from there.

shall let the more knowledgable and experienced amongst the bored answer on the others...
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by still.unsure
Eid for what you're describing is about the 160k+ mark for a 2x bed and around the 200k for a 3x bed. a basic two bedder (1x month ago) was 130k and they head upwards (very steeply!) from there.

shall let the more knowledgable and experienced amongst the bored answer on the others...
Ta mate! I have had the benefit of following your travails in getting to the Kingdom and have hugely benefited from all your posts. Hope you have settled in okay there and appreciate your help.

Last edited by London_Riyadh; Jan 6th 2009 at 11:03 am. Reason: To make it clear
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

3-bed in Kingdom about 180K I think. There are two types of 3 bed one larger than the other with a separate dining room. Think 180K is for the latter

Contact number for Kingdom +96612750275, manager is Ed Lans
Contact number for Al Hamra is +96612480440 manager is Dave Smart

Sorry, haven't got other numbers, but if you do a search they have website.

Cheers
N
Old Jan 6th 2009, 6:38 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nic1
3-bed in Kingdom about 180K I think. There are two types of 3 bed one larger than the other with a separate dining room. Think 180K is for the latter

Contact number for Kingdom +96612750275, manager is Ed Lans
Contact number for Al Hamra is +96612480440 manager is Dave Smart

Sorry, haven't got other numbers, but if you do a search they have website.

Cheers
N
Eid compound is... +96612483366 and try and speak with Girish
Arizona is +96612484444 (sorry, don't know the manager's name)
Cordoba is +96612483471 (and again, sorry, don't know the manager's name)
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much guys, grateful for your help.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

You could also try Al Waha villas, Villa Rosas and Al Yamamah - the latter is an older compound with single storey villas, but they are building phase 3 apparently. The first one is quite nice, green and friendly we know two families who are moving from there so villas might be available, the middle one OK, not sure about availability and don't have contact numbers for any of them - sorry.

N
Old Jan 9th 2009, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London_Riyadh
Hi all,

Al Hamra
Kingdom
Eid
Cordoba
Arizona

Cheers!
Just a tip - make sure you sort it out BEFORE you come out here - places are snapped up quickly as and when they become available.

I first came to the Magic Kingdom in 1992. I stayed in a hotel while casually looking at compounds in my spare time............ found FOUR to choose from, and eventually haggled a good one down to a good price.

That simply DOES NOT HAPPEN any more - you cannot just stay in a hotel for a few days while looking around - you won't get anywhere.

Politely but firmly tell your employers (who sound like they are already established in Riyadh so they will be aware of the housing issues) that you have researched housing and have learned that it is virtually impossible to find - it needs to be sorted by them before you commit to going.

Last edited by The Dean; Jan 9th 2009 at 5:14 am. Reason: r
Old Jan 16th 2009, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Dean
Just a tip - make sure you sort it out BEFORE you come out here - places are snapped up quickly as and when they become available.

I first came to the Magic Kingdom in 1992. I stayed in a hotel while casually looking at compounds in my spare time............ found FOUR to choose from, and eventually haggled a good one down to a good price.

That simply DOES NOT HAPPEN any more - you cannot just stay in a hotel for a few days while looking around - you won't get anywhere.

Politely but firmly tell your employers (who sound like they are already established in Riyadh so they will be aware of the housing issues) that you have researched housing and have learned that it is virtually impossible to find - it needs to be sorted by them before you commit to going.
Hey Dean,
Thanks very much for the tip. Indeed, I have discussed this with the local office and they have agreed to rent the villa for me. Now it remains to be seen what choices I will be offered and how long it will take for them to find a suitable house for me!
Cheers