Riyadh compound ?

Old Mar 5th 2013, 7:31 am
Just Joined

youmeandtheboys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Riyadh compound ?

Hi all, looking for some helpful advice please . My husband works in Riyadh, has done for 18 months and stays in a small cheap apartment however my nine year old and I are moving to join him at the end of August to start the new school year . He has been looking for 2 bedroom accommadation for some time now in a nice compound and the only 2 saying that they have space are Al Bustan Village and the Riyadh Village . Does anyone know these compounds and can help us in the right direction ? To be honest i dont care if the compound is one of the best ones, I just want other kids for my son to play with and some places for him to play etc . My husband has been banging down the doors to other compound but they keep saying they are full . We have a budget of 175 sar , my husbands company is not based in saudi and cant help getting into a compound .
Old Mar 9th 2013, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Riyadh compound ?

Don't know Al Bustan and Riyadh Village is quite far out. Also RV was a building site as they were renovating an old compound, but may be finished now.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Thanks Maserman , My husband has seen them and they are both still being built . Its a bit scary to choose from one construction site to another
Old Mar 9th 2013, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hippacrocapig will become famous soon enoughHippacrocapig will become famous soon enough

In hearing good things about al bustan. Apparently it has a British manager. That's a good thing. Possibly finished in May.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hippacrocapig will become famous soon enoughHippacrocapig will become famous soon enough

Have you seen their website? Burger King opening on there too!
Old Mar 10th 2013, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Al Bustan will be one of the top end compounds. 800 units when built. Yank school will move there in a couple of years. Ice rink too. Quite a bit N of Riyadh.

Villas designed by the same practice who did the Aldar frisbee in Abu Dhabi.

Prohibitively expensive though.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all for the information . We are looking at reserving a two bed apartment at Al bustan . My husband went back today and asked to see their drawings and plans of development ( he has become very cynical since working out there !!!! ) He thinks it will be about 20mins drive to the British school as the road to the school is not too busy . Fingers crossed for school place,now lol .
Old Mar 10th 2013, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

If your kids are going to the British school you should try Eid or Al Hamra as they are very close.

When has he done the drive? Time is all important.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 6:46 am
Just Joined

Sandman2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Moving to Al Bustan soon and I do not want to go there. Been there many times to visit buddies and I'm not impressed. Badly designed compound which is still a construction site, badly managed, badly organized, wont be ready for a long time. It does not live up to the hype. Overpriced too.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 8:06 am
Just Joined

My worst fears have been realized. The place is a badly run shambles. Paying full rate for hardly any facilities and services. Management is unbelievably disorganized yet they act like all is ok. Still a construction site, problems with rats or mice. Complaints are ignored, the management really do not know what they are doing. If this is typical Brit management, you can keep it.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandman2011
My worst fears have been realized. The place is a badly run shambles. Paying full rate for hardly any facilities and services. Management is unbelievably disorganized yet they act like all is ok. Still a construction site, problems with rats or mice. Complaints are ignored, the management really do not know what they are doing. If this is typical Brit management, you can keep it.
and the rates have shot up in the past few months.

Been told some facilities are opening at the end of the year
Old Nov 6th 2013, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

I think Al Bustan is around 155k for a two bed apartment, so that is within your budget. I've heard mixed views on it. On paper, and online, it looks great. The new US School, the small shopping precinct all sound great but it is still being built, and some phases are ready and have folk already resident. Drive to and from school should be ok, not too far. I think the two bed town houses then start at around 200k. Last time I spoke to them ( early Sept) , the had allocated all of their available apartments and we're taking bookings for the next phase.

Al Hamra will be quite expensive for an apartment, although great for the British School. Eid 2 bed apartments are around 190k and again, very close to the school.

You could try somewhere like Ranco Village or Seder Village ,their prices will be cheaper, but not as good quality as Eid for example.

RV has been under construction fora bout two years. Still not finished. Could be decent enough once it's done?
Old Nov 7th 2013, 6:01 am
Just Joined

aidni is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know Al Boustan..i believe its very far away..why don't you consider Granada Village compound.it's near to Al hamara and british school is just 5-10 mins Drive..
Old Dec 15th 2013, 8:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
I think Al Bustan is around 155k for a two bed apartment, so that is within your budget. I've heard mixed views on it. On paper, and online, it looks great. The new US School, the small shopping precinct all sound great but it is still being built, and some phases are ready and have folk already resident. Drive to and from school should be ok, not too far. I think the two bed town houses then start at around 200k. Last time I spoke to them ( early Sept) , the had allocated all of their available apartments and we're taking bookings for the next phase.

Al Hamra will be quite expensive for an apartment, although great for the British School. Eid 2 bed apartments are around 190k and again, very close to the school.

You could try somewhere like Ranco Village or Seder Village ,their prices will be cheaper, but not as good quality as Eid for example.

RV has been under construction fora bout two years. Still not finished. Could be decent enough once it's done?
You obviously do not live at Al Bustan. It is a total shambles, even the security manager seems to be leaving under suspicious circumstances. The compound is unsafe and residents are already talking about leaving. The management smile to your face and make promises and then do nothing to honor them. I cannot begin to describe how pathetically bad the management is. They have no idea how to run a compound and don't bother trying to contact them after 20.00 hrs, one individual in particular can not string together two coherent sentences if you know what I mean. I just want to get out of here now but the rent has been paid in advance and I am being forced to stay until the expiration date.
Old Dec 16th 2013, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

skunkunk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Probably moving to Riyadh next February, my company is offering me a location in this compound...Having a look at the website looks great, but reading your opinions I'm starting to worry...How are the facilities&services (pools, gym, housecleaning, internet connection...) working on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.