Reload this Page >

Riyadh Compond Recommedation for a Family

Riyadh Compond Recommedation for a Family

Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Felix1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Riyadh Compond Recommedation for a Family

Hi all,

I have been put forward for a position in Riyadh and have been advised that they will sort out my accommodation in a secure compound, however I would like some advice please as I will moving over with my wife and 3 children aged 2 & 8.

Thanks all.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Alfi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Riyadh Compond Recommedation for a Family

If you want to put your kids into the British school then the best compound is Al Hamra as it is attached. However all of the big compounds have buses to the school. The top compounds are probably:
Arizona
Al Hamra
Salwa (BAE employees only)
Kingdom
Cordoba
Arabian Homes
Eid
There are many others which are good. Find out which one they intend to give you as houses are scarce in these compounds.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

As i replied to another post last week i think it was.
Try and find out where you are working and try and find some where clase to that,
The traffic here in Riyadh is getting worse and some crazy drivers around as well.

Also on young ALFI's List i would add
Al Rozamanin
Seder Village.
Al Yammaha,

I did post a list on the wiki last year with most of the compounds NOT all of them but most of them, complete with Telephone numbers, email address etc.

Please make sure the company arranges your accom BEFORE YOU ARRIVE in the sand pit.

If you need any more advice please feel free to contact myself or Alfi ( if she isnt singing n a dancing some where ha ha.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coffindodger
As i replied to another post last week i think it was.
Try and find out where you are working and try and find some where clase to that,
The traffic here in Riyadh is getting worse and some crazy drivers around as well.

Also on young ALFI's List i would add
Al Rozamanin
Seder Village.
Al Yammaha,

I did post a list on the wiki last year with most of the compounds NOT all of them but most of them, complete with Telephone numbers, email address etc.

Please make sure the company arranges your accom BEFORE YOU ARRIVE in the sand pit.

If you need any more advice please feel free to contact myself or Alfi ( if she isnt singing n a dancing some where ha ha.

Seconded - this is essential. You can't just turn up and stay in a hotel for a few days hoping to find somewhere - you won't.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Felix1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for the advice.