Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Riyadh Car Leasing

Riyadh Car Leasing

Old Feb 11th 2014, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Heisenberg_WW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Riyadh Car Leasing

Anyone have experience of leasing a car in Riyadh for medium / long term (at least 3 years) ??

I am after a decent 4x4 .. anyone know what the likely costs will be? also can anyone recommend a decent delaer ?
Old Feb 11th 2014, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Riyadh Car Leasing

Originally Posted by Heisenberg_WW
Anyone have experience of leasing a car in Riyadh for medium / long term (at least 3 years) ??

I am after a decent 4x4 .. anyone know what the likely costs will be? also can anyone recommend a decent delaer ?
if it's for 36 months minimum, you'll save a fortune buying it instead.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Thanks Brains1983 ... i was just considering the leasing option to save myself the headache of dodgy mechanics should the car have issues when i buy ..

i suppose if there is a substantial cost difference then the headache will be worth it !
Old Feb 11th 2014, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heisenberg_WW
Thanks Brains1983 ... i was just considering the leasing option to save myself the headache of dodgy mechanics should the car have issues when i buy ..

i suppose if there is a substantial cost difference then the headache will be worth it !
If you want to get rid of that head-ache - push for a service package (if you buy new)
Old Feb 11th 2014, 10:59 am
Just Joined

are you aware of any 'autotrader' type websites for Saudi / ME ??
Old Feb 11th 2014, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Dubizzle is about as close as you'll get.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

imi7 has a brilliant futureimi7 has a brilliant futureimi7 has a brilliant futureimi7 has a brilliant futureimi7 has a brilliant futureimi7 has a brilliant future

The websites such as Expatriates.com have some ok stuff, but you have to filter through a lot of rubbish.

If you got the money, buy a Jap car eg Landcruiser / Prado etc. Here, it is classed as a 'check in your hand' as its depreciation is minimal over 3 years and you will have a lot of interest when you resell.

Dont do what I did and buy a german 4x4 - very expensive to maintain and doesn't agree with the summer heat too much.

A good bargain, if you just want something 'not that exciting', is the KIA Mohave with a 7 year bumper to bumper guarantee. I would have got one of these as many of my expats have, but the boy racer inside me wanted something sporty with a large engine size as petrol is cheaper than water !!
Old Feb 13th 2014, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

If you're on a single status contract you're barred from registering anything with more than 5 seats in your name. Plus, all commercial vehicles barred to any expat, so no Hilux.
Old Feb 17th 2014, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

imi7 has a brilliant futureimi7 has a brilliant futureimi7 has a brilliant futureimi7 has a brilliant futureimi7 has a brilliant futureimi7 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Beakersful
If you're on a single status contract you're barred from registering anything with more than 5 seats in your name. Plus, all commercial vehicles barred to any expat, so no Hilux.
No Hilux = no need to drive like a deranged crazy fool