Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

(RIYADH) Awesome Saudi family needs FEMALE ESL tutor for 1-2 young girls

(RIYADH) Awesome Saudi family needs FEMALE ESL tutor for 1-2 young girls

Old Oct 5th 2011, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

cleamz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default (RIYADH) Awesome Saudi family needs FEMALE ESL tutor for 1-2 young girls

Hey guys,

I'm a dual-nationality Brit/American male expat working in Riyadh as a private English tutor for one member of a well-off Saudi family.

The family live on their own walled compound in Riyadh.

My student has asked me to help them with finding a private English tutor for 1-2 (not sure) of their young nieces (not sure how old, anywhere from 8-14) who live on the same property.

------------------------------------------

You MUST be:

- Female, living in Riyadh (duh)

- Native English Speaker

- NO strong accent, since most of the children's exposure to English has been predominantly American thus far

- 110% responsible, professional, energetic, and punctual, PLUS patient and willing to deal with what well-off young Saudi kids' behavior occasionally entails

- Willing to have a private introductory meeting with me and the family.

------------------------------------------

I'm not sure about the hours yet, but it would most likely be something like 5-6 hours per week, either on weekends or evenings. Pay would likely be very good, although in the end it's up to your negotiation skills as this is all under-the-table.

If you don't meet all the above requirements, then don't bother replying.

The family is liberal, cosmopolitan, well-traveled and overall very cool and friendly. However, they demand an extremely high quality instructor and won't settle for less.

Interested? PM me. Also, if anyone here knows someone not on this forum who's eligible and interested, PM me to get the ball rolling.

Thanks!
--C
Old Oct 6th 2011, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: (RIYADH) Awesome Saudi family needs FEMALE ESL tutor for 1-2 young girls

Hope you're not really looking for an easy lay.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: (RIYADH) Awesome Saudi family needs FEMALE ESL tutor for 1-2 young girls

Originally Posted by cleamz
- 110% responsible

Considering that you are a teacher, your suggestion is quite obviously mathematically impossible and you should know better to write such Sky Sports pundit rubbish.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 6:30 am
Just Joined

Ha!

If someone's interested but uncomfortable following through in person with a random internet post, then they're more than welcome to limit their interaction to a phone call or skype (with me at least and possibly the parents of the girls). Feel free to ask as many questions as you need in order to feel comfortable before even taking that step.

Unfortunately, posting on internet boards is the last resort. I've been tasked with helping them find a tutor but it's Riyadh - I don't exactly know many females here so I haven't managed to find a suitable tutor any other way. I'd happily take suggestions for other avenues if I'm just going to get silly comments here.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 6:54 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ha!

If someone's interested but uncomfortable following through in person with a random internet post, then they're more than welcome to limit their interaction to a phone call or skype (with me at least and possibly the parents of the girls). Feel free to ask as many questions as you need in order to feel comfortable before even taking that step.

Unfortunately, posting on internet boards is the last resort. I've been tasked with helping them find a tutor but it's Riyadh - I don't exactly know many females here so I haven't managed to find a suitable tutor any other way. I'd happily take suggestions for other avenues if I'm just going to get silly comments here.
Only one was silly. But good luck
Old Oct 6th 2011, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Ha!

From what I understand, and have been told, is that families like the one you are working for, usually find their "employees" through rather exclusive agencies. Of course, if one does not want to pay for "expat" status, one goes local. You might want to advertise this in the Western compounds in Riyadh.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

That's a great idea.

I have a good personal relationship with the family, which is why they trust going through me far more than going through some agency (although as you can see, no success yet). Plus, the teacher herself might as well get all the money instead of an agency getting a cut.

Looks like it's time to hit the compounds. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old Oct 6th 2011, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

That's a great idea.

I have a good personal relationship with the family, which is why they trust going through me far more than going through some agency (although as you can see, no success yet). Plus, the teacher herself might as well get all the money instead of an agency getting a cut.

Looks like it's time to hit the compounds. Thanks for the suggestion!
But please be fair, and make sure they know what they actually are getting into.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

Hi Cleamz, I am also a tutor but alas, male. I wish you luck in your hunt.

Oh, and 110% is possible, otherwise gambling would be rather different and mortgages much cheaper.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 9:11 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by khitan004
Hi Cleamz, I am also a tutor but alas, male. I wish you luck in your hunt.

Oh, and 110% is possible, otherwise gambling would be rather different and mortgages much cheaper.
Cobblers. 110% reliable? Nah, I want someone who's 115% reliable, perhaps I'd even push the boat out for 120%. If someone's 100% reliable they ALWAYS do what they'll say they'll do--how could they do it more than always?
Old Oct 9th 2011, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

110% is possible. 110% reliable is impossible. Otherwise you could ask for someone who is infinitely reliable.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 12:18 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Trying getting a contact for the British International School Riyadh. Staff there sometimes do tutoring.

Alternatively, most BISR staff live in Al Hamra. I guess they have a bulletin board. Ask someone to pin up an advert there.

I'm not sure how open the management are at BISR - send them an advert and ask them to avail this to staff.

There used to a website for 'classified' (similar to Dubizzle in Dubai). Can't remember the name. Google 'Riyadh classified ads' and a few options come up.

Try all 4 of the above
Old Oct 14th 2011, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Super_Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant help but think that your Advert is remenicent to those junk emails which I receive every now and again Informing me that I have won the african lottery!! Beware people!
Old Oct 14th 2011, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

I've got your moneys
Old Oct 14th 2011, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

I can see how the original post may have come across strange, but I think I've made it pretty obvious that it's not a scam by offering an alternative approach for those who are interested but suspicious. That is, unless you consider giving someone your Skype ID a big gamble on your safety or finances.

Anyway, whatever. Thanks to those who've offered advice so far. I'm still on the hunt!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.