Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Riyadh - Availability

Riyadh - Availability

Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Rellen is a jewel in the roughRellen is a jewel in the roughRellen is a jewel in the roughRellen is a jewel in the roughRellen is a jewel in the rough
Smile Riyadh - Availability

Good Morning,

I lived in Saudi for 8 years - left a couple of years ago to continue with things in the UK. I'm now returning to KSA, and just wondering if there are any people actually living there in this forum who may be able to give me the heads up on compounds at the moment. Just wondering if the likes of Kingdom, Arizona, Cordoba etc are full? A colleague of mine has suggested that this is the case, but just wondering if anyone else knows about this?

Finally - cars... just trying to work out the vehicle allowance with the company, and wondering what the costs are these days? I paid 2000k rent for a decent car then, and the allowance is now 2500 - any idea what I'm looking at for a decent car?

Thanks!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Riyadh - Availability

Originally Posted by Rellen
Good Morning,

I lived in Saudi for 8 years - left a couple of years ago to continue with things in the UK. I'm now returning to KSA, and just wondering if there are any people actually living there in this forum who may be able to give me the heads up on compounds at the moment. Just wondering if the likes of Kingdom, Arizona, Cordoba etc are full? A colleague of mine has suggested that this is the case, but just wondering if anyone else knows about this?

Finally - cars... just trying to work out the vehicle allowance with the company, and wondering what the costs are these days? I paid 2000k rent for a decent car then, and the allowance is now 2500 - any idea what I'm looking at for a decent car?

Thanks!
Hi Rellen,

Just returned here myself for the fourth time (I know, Blue Cat, I know.......).

Tied up a bit now but look in this evening and I'll post some more stuff.

Briefly - yes compounds are full but most employers retain a number of houses/villas on compounds - yours doesn't I assume?

Car rental? SAR 2500 pm will get you a decent sallon but not a 4x4.

That is all. More later.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Hi Rellen,

Just returned here myself for the fourth time (I know, Blue Cat, I know.......).

Tied up a bit now but look in this evening and I'll post some more stuff.

Briefly - yes compounds are full but most employers retain a number of houses/villas on compounds - yours doesn't I assume?

Car rental? SAR 2500 pm will get you a decent sallon but not a 4x4.

That is all. More later.
Or even a decent SALOON.........

Mind you.......
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Rellen is a jewel in the roughRellen is a jewel in the roughRellen is a jewel in the roughRellen is a jewel in the roughRellen is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

Thanks for that - not an issue for the 4x4, so no big deal there, as I can manage with a car and not a 4x4. Thanks for the update. Disappointing to hear the big compounds are all full, as it leaves few options - what about Al Hamra, or even Seder or some of those, are they also all full as far as you are aware?

This will be my fourth return as well... must really like the place!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:48 am
Just Joined

On this topic - trying to get some contact emails for the compounds like Arizona and Kingdom... haven't had much luck.

Anyone know the web addresses for any of these compounds? I've found Cordoba, but not Al Hamra or Kingdom City.

Finally, anyone aware of sites that list availability in the DQ?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 4:10 pm
patience...is a virtue!!!

reecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rellen
Hi,

Thanks for that - not an issue for the 4x4, so no big deal there, as I can manage with a car and not a 4x4. Thanks for the update. Disappointing to hear the big compounds are all full, as it leaves few options - what about Al Hamra, or even Seder or some of those, are they also all full as far as you are aware?

This will be my fourth return as well... must really like the place!
I know Seder has places...as i am looking at it now!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

Greencity Compound. Lovely place in the centre of everything. Lived there a few years back.