Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The Richest City In The World (No, It's Not Dubai)

The Richest City In The World (No, It's Not Dubai)

Old Mar 9th 2007, 8:13 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation The Richest City In The World (No, It's Not Dubai)

This was a real fun read!

The richest city in the world. (No, it's not Dubai.)
Ninety miles from Dubai, another Xanadu has been decreed. Its name is Abu Dhabi, and that $3 billion hotel is just the beginning of the story.
FORTUNE Magazine
By Barney Gimbel, Fortune writer
March 8 2007: 2:14 PM EST

(Fortune Magazine) -- Khaldoon Khalifa al Mubarak is a man in a hurry. The 31-year-old, American-educated developer steps on the gas of his silver Audi and zooms past a hole in the ground crawling with construction workers - the future home of a $1.3 billion complex featuring three skyscrapers, two five-star hotels, and a souk. The car zips by a new $3 billion hotel that boasts 1,002 Swarovski crystal chandeliers and a gold-leaf dome larger than the one atop St. Paul's Cathedral in London.
<<snip -copyright>>

Then again, there's Dubai. Top of page
From the March 19, 2007 issue
Source: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...03/19/8402357/

Coments?

Last edited by Bob; Mar 10th 2007 at 4:04 am.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 9:53 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Richest City In The World (No, It's Not Dubai)

Hello F... How are you long time no hear!
Old Mar 9th 2007, 11:56 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Hello F... How are you long time no hear!
Hello!

Yes, sorry to have dropped off the radar for so long. This is a REALLY tough course and I have had no time at all. Things are starting to wind down now, so time is quickly becoming a friend of mine once more

How are you and the family? Enjoying the balmy weather? I have had to buy myself a fan to keep cool as there have been so many VERY sunny afternoons! If its this mild now, I am scared to ask what summer will be like?!

Anyway, I am off to bed. I have a date with the library at 10 tomorrow morning.

Laters...
Old Mar 10th 2007, 4:01 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81

Coments?
Just popped in to say 'hello' face.. nice to have you back on here
Old Mar 10th 2007, 4:44 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Coments?
One word.

Taste?

(How you doing by the way?)
Old Mar 10th 2007, 8:08 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!

Yes, sorry to have dropped off the radar for so long. This is a REALLY tough course and I have had no time at all. Things are starting to wind down now, so time is quickly becoming a friend of mine once more

How are you and the family? Enjoying the balmy weather? I have had to buy myself a fan to keep cool as there have been so many VERY sunny afternoons! If its this mild now, I am scared to ask what summer will be like?!

Anyway, I am off to bed. I have a date with the library at 10 tomorrow morning.

Laters...
Try not to work to hard, though it will all pay off in the end, The family is doing great , life is 100% fab and to be perfectly honest Im glad to see the back of Dubai, my youngest is heading of to school in Sept - no tests or waiting lists and so I can get a job that can fit in around school hours

Oh the weather a real mix up right now but its nice to see my garden full of daffs, and tulips. The summer here is going to be far more bearable than winter in Dubai for sure!!

You recall seeing cats running around the apartment last year.... Well, they came home last December and are loving the garden and of coarse the rain!!

Will pm you my mobile #
Old Mar 10th 2007, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

otterlake is just really niceotterlake is just really niceotterlake is just really niceotterlake is just really niceotterlake is just really niceotterlake is just really niceotterlake is just really niceotterlake is just really nice

19 sons!!!

Interesting reading, thank you for the link.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 8:55 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Try not to work to hard, though it will all pay off in the end, The family is doing great , life is 100% fab and to be perfectly honest Im glad to see the back of Dubai, my youngest is heading of to school in Sept - no tests or waiting lists and so I can get a job that can fit in around school hours

Oh the weather a real mix up right now but its nice to see my garden full of daffs, and tulips. The summer here is going to be far more bearable than winter in Dubai for sure!!

You recall seeing cats running around the apartment last year.... Well, they came home last December and are loving the garden and of coarse the rain!!

Will pm you my mobile #

Sounds pretty good! Glad to hear that things have worked out nicely for all of you

The tulips and daffodils are in full bloom in Greenwich as well. Picture perfect, actually, though I do find the sun quite harsh, I dont know, maybe its just me?

We should try and get together sometime. I am heading home for easter in 2 weeks, so it's back to the sand box for me, but I will be back in mid April for more hard work! lol.

PS - good luck on the road

Last edited by Face81; Mar 10th 2007 at 8:59 am.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 8:57 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by MJC
One word.

Taste?

(How you doing by the way?)
All good here, dude.... AD is on the move, I think its a good thing.... we need more successful cities and its obviously a plus for the U.A.E if it had more than one Xanadu
Old Mar 10th 2007, 8:57 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by otterlake
19 sons!!!

Interesting reading, thank you for the link.

you're most welcome.... glad you enjoyed the article and the 19 sons stat.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 9:00 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by novita77
Just popped in to say 'hello' face.. nice to have you back on here
Hello Nov! Hope you are well in Doha
Old Mar 10th 2007, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Hello Nov! Hope you are well in Doha
Hello stranger. Just a flying visit. Hope everything is going well with you. wish you were around a little more. Miss you!
Old Mar 10th 2007, 11:42 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by willmore
Hello stranger. Just a flying visit. Hope everything is going well with you. wish you were around a little more. Miss you!
Hello! All is good, thanks. I should be around a little more from now on Hope things are well in gorgeous Victoria
Old Mar 10th 2007, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! All is good, thanks. I should be around a little more from now on Hope things are well in gorgeous Victoria
Hello you

Blow your OP....everyone just wants to say 'hi'
Old Mar 10th 2007, 5:01 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
Hello you

Blow your OP....everyone just wants to say 'hi'
lol ... he been missed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.