RHD cars in Dubai

Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RHD cars in Dubai

Originally Posted by zamboooka
yep...but wont they know the general rules for importing etc..considering thats what they do. I dunno seems like its worth a shot
could be!
really don't think I would fancy driving a RHD over here anyway with the standard of driving. Have driven a RHD when living in Europe and an LHD when living back in England. Wouldn't do it here!!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:12 am
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
could be!
really don't think I would fancy driving a RHD over here anyway with the standard of driving. Have driven a RHD when living in Europe and an LHD when living back in England. Wouldn't do it here!!
I totally agree.. have tons of trouble driving a regular LHD here..
It'd be a nightmare with a RHD
Old Jan 26th 2008, 11:20 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zamboooka
I totally agree.. have tons of trouble driving a regular LHD here..
It'd be a nightmare with a RHD
definately illegal, a friend of my exporting one from India only to find he couldn't register it here, it was sent over to the UK
Old Jan 26th 2008, 11:22 am
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
definately illegal, a friend of my exporting one from India only to find he couldn't register it here, it was sent over to the UK
There you have it Drew... sucks dude..! sorry..
Old Jan 26th 2008, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

ZeeLuton is an unknown quantity at this point

The only way you can drive a RHD car here is if it was converted to LHD a while back. Most here are registered in Ras Al Khaimah or Umm Al Quain with very few with Abu Dhabi or Dubai plates.

Even if you do buy the car, the registration cannot be transferred onto any expats name. Only UAE nationals can renew the plates.

there is a thread on the uae boost forum with more info