RHD cars in Dubai

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:15 am
Just Joined

Drew Griffiths is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RHD cars in Dubai

Can anyone give me a definitive answer on importing a RHD car to Dubai. I have two, an old classic car which I am restoring and a TVR which you can't get out here. I have heard lots of things but basically coming back to it's who you know and there isn't a definitive rule on this. Does anyone actually know or has done it.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:16 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RHD cars in Dubai

Maybe a stupid question, but have you actually spoken to the traffic police about this? If anyone's going to know...
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:45 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Definative: Its illegal to drive a rhd car in Dubai, its also illegal to drive a car converted from rhd to lhd. Otherwise I'd be driving a Jap import for peanuts thats been converted.

Not so definative: If you are a well connected local or an expat with a LOT of Wasta then you might be able to.

In short forget about it
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Definative: Its illegal to drive a rhd car in Dubai, its also illegal to drive a car converted from rhd to lhd. Otherwise I'd be driving a Jap import for peanuts thats been converted.

Not so definative: If you are a well connected local or an expat with a LOT of Wasta then you might be able to.

In short forget about it
Being dumb here, what is RHD and LHD ???
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
Being dumb here, what is RHD and LHD ???
p2p...even i know this, lol!!!!!!!!

...right hand drive and left hand drive...

MM, xx
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
p2p...even i know this, lol!!!!!!!!

...right hand drive and left hand drive...

MM, xx
:embaressed_smile: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah thought it was something more technical Oooooooooops
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
did you get highlights last time you went to the Hairdresser?
Some it's zapping away all the inteligence.... what should I do ???
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

there's a TVR out there already...

I asked someone if they took their car with them and they said they didn't think it would cope with the heat out there, however they'd seen a TVR driving around so if that works then anything will.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cham128

I asked someone if they took their car with them and they said they didn't think it would cope with the heat out there, however they'd seen a TVR driving around so if that works then anything will.
must be Left hand drive then
Old Jan 24th 2008, 2:37 am
thb
Just Joined

thb is an unknown quantity at this point

A UK registered RHD car can be brought into the UAE and driven on the roads for maximum 6 months - it will remain on UK numberplates etc. This cannot be extended.

You cannot register a RHD car in the UAE - you can of course have one here solely for use on the track, though you'll have to trailer it to and from the track.

As for TVRs in Dubai - knowing how bad they can be in the UK, I really wouldn't want to know how 45-50C heat would play out
Old Jan 26th 2008, 3:22 am
W10

Originally Posted by Cham128

Yeah...they'd seen A TVR. There would be a huge market for TVRs in Dubai if the company thought it would be worth their while.

I'm guessing the fact you can't buy one means the company isn't too confident. They're unreliable enough in the UK!!

Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Yeah...they'd seen A TVR. There would be a huge market for TVRs in Dubai if the company thought it would be worth their while.

I'm guessing the fact you can't buy one means the company isn't too confident. They're unreliable enough in the UK!!
Oh god a TVR would never last out here

My brother had one in London and spent most of the time at the dealership. Brilliant car tho, love the sound of the TVR. he used to call it his shaggin wagon

w****r
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:41 am
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Drew Griffiths
Can anyone give me a definitive answer on importing a RHD car to Dubai. I have two, an old classic car which I am restoring and a TVR which you can't get out here. I have heard lots of things but basically coming back to it's who you know and there isn't a definitive rule on this. Does anyone actually know or has done it.
There's alotta RHD car showrooms in Al Awir. I think they'd know best since they're the ones importing such vehicles?

Try calling 00971 4 3338586/3338486 maybe they can help you with your questions? Also, the Dubai Traffic Police is a good call.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zamboooka
There's alotta RHD car showrooms in Al Awir. I think they'd know best since they're the ones importing such vehicles?

Try calling 00971 4 3338586/3338486 maybe they can help you with your questions? Also, the Dubai Traffic Police is a good call.
think those RHD showroms are for export only!
Japanese imports being re-exported to RHD markets. India/South Africa/UK/Pakistan.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:03 am
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
think those RHD showroms are for export only!
Japanese imports being re-exported to RHD markets. India/South Africa/UK/Pakistan.
yep...but wont they know the general rules for importing etc..considering thats what they do. I dunno seems like its worth a shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.