Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Returning to UAE - Visas and Drving License

Returning to UAE - Visas and Drving License

Old Aug 11th 2012, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

ipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really niceipods is just really nice
Default Returning to UAE - Visas and Drving License

Previously a Dubai resident left in 2008. Returning to work in UAE, This will be as a UK resident travelling to Fujairah on business for stints lasting less than 30 days,

Can I work on the standard 30 day airport stamp visa which I think is a tourist visa, or do I require something different.

Heard talk of a Business visa, or Probationary Work Permit. which have to be obtained from the Emirate of entry into the UAE , ie Dubai. Can aything be obtained in the UK to save the ball ache of going to Dubai Immigration.

I also still have a current UAE (Dubai) driving license. is this still valid as a non UAE resident or would I have to rely on my UK licence, possibly getting an International Licence here in the UK.

Many thanks
Old Aug 12th 2012, 6:16 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning to UAE - Visas and Drving License

You cannot legally work on a tourist visa. Your employer needs to organise a Mission Visa for each trip.

A UAE driving licence is only valid with a UAE residency visa. As soon as that is cancelled the licence is invalid. You will have to drive on a UK licence with an International Driving Permit.

The last info I obtained about Mission Visas is here (Last Q&A) http://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle/...geCount=0#full