Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The Return Of The King

The Return Of The King

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Return Of The King

King Abdullah returns to KSA today after recuperating from back surgery, and as a celebration, we get to leave work early at 12.00. Looks like Saturday will be a Public Holiday too.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Return Of The King

Yee Ha. I land in Jeddah at 18.00 on Saturday it will be chaos.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Mischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really nice

Read in the Telegraph (I know not that reliable) that there are plans for a day of rage in Riyadh on 11th March... now that would be scary
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:29 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
King Abdullah returns to KSA today after recuperating from back surgery, and as a celebration, we get to leave work early at 12.00. Looks like Saturday will be a Public Holiday too.
Only public service which gets the day off I think. They definitely haven't said anything at my work yet..
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
Only public service which gets the day off I think. They definitely haven't said anything at my work yet..
Yes true, my wife's school is closed, but we've just been given the nod that we're off as well. Just got home to enjoy a long weekend!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

knickerdropofglory is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mischief Queen
Read in the Telegraph (I know not that reliable) that there are plans for a day of rage in Riyadh on 11th March... now that would be scary
looks like the 20th
http://www.facebook.com/K.S.A.Revolution
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

pranabdc is an unknown quantity at this point

They are just celebrating in the streets of Riyadh all evening....with flags and all.

They really love their king :P
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough
Question Re: The Return Of The King

Originally Posted by Mischief Queen
Sorry, but what is "a day of rage"
Old Feb 24th 2011, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

A day of rage is supposed to be planned for Al Khobar / Dammam on or about the 13th March.
The public sector only has the day off on Saturday.
My company is working normall hours.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 5:54 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

There's a few rumours on the net that the King is actually dead...no proof of course but interesting.

N.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 5:56 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
There's a few rumours on the net that the King is actually dead...no proof of course but interesting.

N.
No, no, I'm still here just too busy to play!
Old Feb 24th 2011, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

N.
He didn't look very dead when he arrived in Riyadh yesterday....

Apparently, the Saudi's ( typically ) haven't quite called it a Day of Rage. It's been somewhat diluted into a Day of Longing...

I mean - longing? Is that really going to encourage people to take to the streets to demand reform? A Day of Longing? Might as well call it:

A Day of Frustration
A Day of Yearning
A Day of Yes, we've had massive pay rises, but wouldn't it be nice if...."

All eyes across the world have been on Saudi to see how the public here would react in the aftermath of Egypt, Bahrain and Libya etc.

To keep a step ahead, the King has literally dished out billions of riyals giving people huge pay rises and lump sum payments to keep them sweet.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.zazzle.com.au/i_love_king...82812694053491
Old Feb 25th 2011, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Romulan is just really niceRomulan is just really niceRomulan is just really niceRomulan is just really niceRomulan is just really niceRomulan is just really niceRomulan is just really niceRomulan is just really nice