Retiring to Dubai

Old Mar 8th 2005, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

xJenniex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retiring to Dubai

Hi Everybody

My husband and I, both in our late fifties, are considering retiring to Dubai.

We have lived in Spain for the past five years but the winters are getting colder and we are looking for sunnier climes.

Could anyone tell me the cost or who to contact regarding Health Care including Doctors' and Hospital fees.

Also we would be interested in learning of reliable estate agents.

Many thanks for any help.

xJenniex
Old Mar 8th 2005, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Retiring to Dubai

Originally Posted by xJenniex
Hi Everybody

We have lived in Spain for the past five years but the winters are getting colder and we are looking for sunnier climes.

Could anyone tell me the cost or who to contact regarding Health Care including Doctors' and Hospital fees.

xJenniex

Hello Jennie

welcome to the board!! Make sure that is possible, I think there is an age limit here for permanent residency...not sure though...check it out..

Cheers
Old Mar 8th 2005, 4:59 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by xJenniex
Hi Everybody

xJenniex
Hi Jennie. Welcome to the forum!

Winters in Dubai........ hmmmmm....... highs of abour 18-22C and lows of 9-13C and alot of rain...... just wanted u to be aware of that.

As for wot SM sed..... as long as u purchase property from one of the major property developers (ALL of which r listed in the FAQ threads), u will be given re-newable residence visas.

Some of the best hospitals websites r also listed in the FAQ's. Hope that helps. Enjoy the site!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help, but welcome to the site
Old Mar 9th 2005, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of rain Face? We had a terrible winter this year and it rained for a total of about 10 days. Obviously you have never spent a winter in Northern England or Scotland! I would say the biggest problem with retiring to Dubai is what to do in June, July and August when you really, really don't want to be here.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 4:16 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Lots of rain Face? We had a terrible winter this year and it rained for a total of about 10 days. Obviously you have never spent a winter in Northern England or Scotland! I would say the biggest problem with retiring to Dubai is what to do in June, July and August when you really, really don't want to be here.
winter...don't even go there mate....******* nightmare in arse end of maine *lol*
Old Mar 9th 2005, 8:33 am
Just Joined

xJenniex is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Retiring to Dubai

Originally Posted by Face81
Hi Jennie. Welcome to the forum!

Winters in Dubai........ hmmmmm....... highs of abour 18-22C and lows of 9-13C and alot of rain...... just wanted u to be aware of that.

As for wot SM sed..... as long as u purchase property from one of the major property developers (ALL of which r listed in the FAQ threads), u will be given re-newable residence visas.

Some of the best hospitals websites r also listed in the FAQ's. Hope that helps. Enjoy the site!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks to everyone who has replied to me so far. I am now checking out all the FAQs.

The winters in Dubai sound fine to me. Here in 'Sunny Spain' since last October we have had three weeks of solid rain day and night causing a lot of land slides, a couple of weeks of dense fog, a few nice sunny days at Christmas and in January. February when the almond blossom is out we had over 15 centimetres of snow and in the village where I live it went to 15 degrees below for over a fortnight.I am only 40 minutes from the coast not ski country! So as I said the winters in Dubai sound fine to me

I am enjoying reading all the other postings.

xJenniex
Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:43 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

nice to c u posting on a regular basis now!

it was more than 10 days...... I have been counting the number of rain days that i have missed.... its more like 20!

Anyway..... London is experiencing some sort of a drought.... the 4th worst since 1880! Just my luck!!!!

lololol....... its going to very, very warm in Dubai for the next few days.... 29C, but then it shud be a pleasant 25-26C when i get back... I am going to feel very, very warm!!! I know it..... as anything above 10C is considered warm in these parts. LOLOLOL
Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

(Off topic, sorry!) I try to only post if I have something useful to say but as I know something about everything but everything about nothing it might not be all that often . Also, work sometimes gets in the way! Still, at this rate I might even have to get myself an avatar
Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:11 am
The Oracle

(Off topic, sorry!) I try to only post if I have something useful to say but as I know something about everything but everything about nothing it might not be all that often . Also, work sometimes gets in the way! Still, at this rate I might even have to get myself an avatar
hahahaha......... doent matter if its off topic..... we ALL have a habit of doing going off track. lol.....

thats a very nice circular statement. hahaha

an avatar? kewl....... let me help..... wot wud u like?