Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

RETIRE IN DUBAI PROGRAMME

RETIRE IN DUBAI PROGRAMME

Old Aug 14th 2021, 4:52 am
PPG
Just Joined

PPG has a reputation beyond reputePPG has a reputation beyond reputePPG has a reputation beyond reputePPG has a reputation beyond reputePPG has a reputation beyond reputePPG has a reputation beyond reputePPG has a reputation beyond reputePPG has a reputation beyond reputePPG has a reputation beyond reputePPG has a reputation beyond reputePPG has a reputation beyond repute
Default RETIRE IN DUBAI PROGRAMME

Could someone share their experience under Retire in Dubai Programme of Government of Dubai with fixed deposits of UAE Dh 1 million?
How is this programme for ex-pats, who are retiring from other countries?
What are the pitfalls of this programme?
How long does it take to get the formalities done in Dubai, once approval is obtained by e-mail.

Please share your experience.

Regards
Old Aug 14th 2021, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RETIRE IN DUBAI PROGRAMME

I very much doubt you will find (m)any Dubai based millionaire retirees reading these forums

Personally, if I had that sort of money I'd be looking at retiring in the Caribbean, with the added bonus of getting a second Nationality. Perhaps worth giving these guys a call for advice, as they specialize in this sort of thing. Although UAE/Dubai seems to be missing from their portfolio

https://www.henleyglobal.com/countries
Old Aug 16th 2021, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PPG
Could someone share their experience under Retire in Dubai Programme of Government of Dubai with fixed deposits of UAE Dh 1 million?
How long does it take to get the formalities done in Dubai, once approval is obtained by e-mail.

Regards
the only downside of the program is that you’d have to retire in Dubai.
Old Aug 17th 2021, 10:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by PPG

Regards
Approval obtained by email?

Was it a Nigerian Prince who offered to get these approvals sorted?
Old Aug 20th 2021, 11:46 am
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

I left Dubai largely because I wanted a stress free life, without waking up each day wondering if the mullahs had decided to change the rules more bureaucratic, fighting with nutcases on a 7 lane motorway and hoping when you have the inevitable accident that's not your fault, it's not a local with his unbelted kids bouncing around in the back flying through the window, in which case it's your fault he jumped the red light at twice the speed limit and you'll rot in jail for the death of poor little Ahmed. It's a good place to make a bit of money then move on, why on earth would anyone with money choose to live there? The mind boggles.

Portugal's NHR scheme provides 10 years of low tax (used to be 0% when my parents got in couple of years back, but now I think there is a % minimum) and after 5 years you can apply for an EU passport. They actually have real freehold property underwritten by common law, one of the safest countries in the world and you can drink wine pretty much anywhere, or have a beer in McDonalds. Plenty of other places that offer decent financial terms for retirees, and aren't 50 degrees in summer.