Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Residents/Work Visa (Free Zone) Question

Residents/Work Visa (Free Zone) Question

Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

matt-e will become famous soon enoughmatt-e will become famous soon enough
Default Residents/Work Visa (Free Zone) Question

My girlfriend and i arrived here at the end of June. I already had a job lined up where as she had to try and find one. Fortunately within 2 weeks she found a position within the free zone. The company are now applying for her visa and likewise my company are processing my visa.

Her company have asked for her passport to process this which she gave to them but then asked for it back to apply for a bank account with over the weekend. The company now want her to pay for an extension before they take it back to process the visa. She has about 30days left on her visa. Can they not just apply for it and if the visa isn't thru in time then get it extended? After all my company took my passport to apply for the visa and gave it back to me in a few days. Mine has been put on hold though due to a slight hiccup with my degree certificate not being correctly certified.

I wouldn't normally grumble but money is very tight at the moment due to a lot of the costs associated with moving.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residents/Work Visa (Free Zone) Question

There are no hard and fast rules..
You can argue the point, just depends on how much you want to push it bearing in mind its always good to have HR on your side, rather than creating friction.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

matt-e will become famous soon enoughmatt-e will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by admon
There are no hard and fast rules..
You can argue the point, just depends on how much you want to push it bearing in mind its always good to have HR on your side, rather than creating friction.
I know. If we go to the DNRD tonight and apply for her extension will it be 30 days from todays date or 30 days from the date of the 60th day of her original visit visa?
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-e
I know. If we go to the DNRD tonight and apply for her extension will it be 30 days from todays date or 30 days from the date of the 60th day of her original visit visa?
it 'should' be 30 days from the 60th day...
BUT, with all these visa changes happening at the end of the week, they may do it differently.