British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Resident Visa medical test in UAE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/resident-visa-medical-test-uae-563109/)

Madam Medusa Jan 5th 2009 1:14 pm

Re: Resident Visa medical test in UAE
 

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 7128259)
Houswives need the chest xray too. I think it may be recent, but myself and all the ladies I know who've had their residency in the last six months have had chest xray too.

i don't think this is correct, i only had a blood test this time (ie a week ago) and the same 3 years ago...

MM, xx

Jim Smith Jan 5th 2009 1:31 pm

Re: Resident Visa medical test in UAE
 
It does seem a bit random!

In my 23 years here I've had two X-rays.

Many years ago at the Kuwait Hospital testing facility part of the process was to go into a portacabin to see the Doctor! I remember he asked me how I felt, and I said very well. Ah! No need for a X-ray he concluded.

Way back it was only hotel workers and food handlers who were X-rayed of necessity!

Jim

Kim67 Jan 5th 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Resident Visa medical test in UAE
 

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7128474)
i don't think this is correct, i only had a blood test this time (ie a week ago) and the same 3 years ago...

MM, xx

Most of us had ours at the Iranian Hospital in Satwa so maybe it's dependent on where you go - they also sent me some sort of Iranian Hosptial health card that nobody else I know has received. It must depend on how the staff are feeeling that day.

Madam Medusa Jan 5th 2009 1:41 pm

Re: Resident Visa medical test in UAE
 

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 7128538)
Most of us had ours at the Iranian Hospital in Satwa so maybe it's dependent on where you go - they also sent me some sort of Iranian Hosptial health card that nobody else I know has received. It must depend on how the staff are feeeling that day.

that's where i went though, lol...!!!!

MM, xx

Kim67 Jan 5th 2009 1:44 pm

Re: Resident Visa medical test in UAE
 

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7128540)
that's where i went though, lol...!!!!

MM, xx

i wonder if you'll get the card too

Madam Medusa Jan 5th 2009 1:47 pm

Re: Resident Visa medical test in UAE
 

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 7128547)
i wonder if you'll get the card too

i'll let you know if i don't...

MM, xx

Kim67 Jan 5th 2009 1:49 pm

Re: Resident Visa medical test in UAE
 

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7128555)
i'll let you know if i don't...

MM, xx

Thanks, I'd be interested to know.

Madam Medusa Jan 5th 2009 1:51 pm

Re: Resident Visa medical test in UAE
 

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 7128563)
Thanks, I'd be interested to know.

yeah sure (i was having a blonde moment, i meant if i do, lol...)

MM, xx

Kim67 Jan 5th 2009 1:54 pm

Re: Resident Visa medical test in UAE
 

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7128566)
yeah sure (i was having a blonde moment, i meant if i do, lol...)

MM, xx

I read it as do - and I haven't been blonde for 20 years.....

Grace O Malley Jan 5th 2009 5:05 pm

Re: Resident Visa medical test in UAE
 

Originally Posted by Jim Smith (Post 7128523)
It does seem a bit random!

In my 23 years here I've had two X-rays.

Many years ago at the Kuwait Hospital testing facility part of the process was to go into a portacabin to see the Doctor! I remember he asked me how I felt, and I said very well. Ah! No need for a X-ray he concluded.

Way back it was only hotel workers and food handlers who were X-rayed of necessity!

Jim

Agreed def random, in 11 years here, I have always had a chest xray and just renewed my visa 3 weeks ago and had a chest xray

busybee2 Jan 5th 2009 5:19 pm

Re: Resident Visa medical test in UAE
 

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7129159)
Agreed def random, in 11 years here, I have always had a chest xray and just renewed my visa 3 weeks ago and had a chest xray

but as a working woman you would have an xray but not if you were a housewife - not allowed to work.

Grace O Malley Jan 5th 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Resident Visa medical test in UAE
 

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 7129200)
but as a working woman you would have an xray but not if you were a housewife - not allowed to work.

so you have an xray if you work? Is there some kind of logic behind that.

busybee2 Jan 5th 2009 5:25 pm

Re: Resident Visa medical test in UAE
 
logic hahahahahaha :rofl: i dunno but those the rules, xray for workers no xray for housewife/s, hence one less piccie required for housewife. maybe because if you are working with lots of other people you either may come across more diseases :confused:

Grace O Malley Jan 5th 2009 5:38 pm

Re: Resident Visa medical test in UAE
 

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 7129220)
logic hahahahahaha :rofl: i dunno but those the rules, xray for workers no xray for housewife/s, hence one less piccie required for housewife. maybe because if you are working with lots of other people you either may come across more diseases :confused:

the x ray is for TB right, don't housewives breathe then?

busybee2 Jan 5th 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Resident Visa medical test in UAE
 
nah we are too busy 'cleaning the house' to breath:p


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:01 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.