Reload this Page >

Resident Visa advice

Resident Visa advice

Old May 3rd 2016, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

eastrunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Resident Visa advice

Hi All,

A Quick question I moved to Muscat about a month ago from London and my wife is still in London. Her work is still on going in London and she may not be here for a while is it advisable for her to get a resident visa? or should she just get visitor visas at the airport and visit me once in every few months for the time being. Is there like a requirement for her to physically be here for a time period if she has a resident visa.

Thanks

Er
Old May 3rd 2016, 2:28 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident Visa advice

If you have a resident's visa and leave the country for more than six months your visa becomes null and void/is cancelled. However it isn't recommended to use this method to 'cancel' a visa as the appropriate process will not have been gone through and this could cause problems if wishing to re-enter the country at a later date.

It will probably be better for her to get a 30day tourist visa at the airport when she arrives each time. I believe this can be extended for a further 30 days at the airport immigration office or you could fly/drive across to Dubai for a weekend and your wife would get a new 30 day tourist visa on her return to Muscat (commonly known as a 'visa run').

Of course, all the above assumes that your wife has a UK passport and is entitled to visa on arrival
Old May 4th 2016, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

eastrunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Resident Visa advice

Thanks hnd yes we both have british passports.