Reload this Page >

Residency visa to UAE

Residency visa to UAE

Old Dec 1st 2010, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

machita is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Residency visa to UAE

Hello,

I work for an American company located in the USA. My company is getting into a contract with the ministry of Education in UAE. We are selling them software. I am a green card holder. My company would like me to move there. How do you I go about obtaining a residency visa to UAE?

Thank you.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:48 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency visa to UAE

Originally Posted by machita
Hello,

I work for an American company located in the USA. My company is getting into a contract with the ministry of Education in UAE. We are selling them software. I am a green card holder. My company would like me to move there. How do you I go about obtaining a residency visa to UAE?

Thank you.
The short answer is your company sorts it but they have to be trading here in the UAE, you cannot simply come here and obtain a residency visa.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:03 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Get your company to obtain a trading licence in one of the many Free Zone Authorities here in Jebel Ali, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman and elsewhere. The residency visa will come with that. Check out the relevent FZA website.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

machita is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for you answers. How does the company go about doing that? whom do we contact? Does it cost a lot of money?

Thanks again.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Thank you for you answers. How does the company go about doing that? whom do we contact? Does it cost a lot of money?

Thanks again.
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/free-zones-uae.php

When you come to the UAE, you will find that you have to look hard for information, e-commerce is not quite so advanced as the US and UK, but using google, and particuarly google.ae can pay dividends! You will find some links to click through on the above page, and you will possibly find your answers there.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 6:07 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again.
You really are a lazy sod, aren't you? What is it about "check the relevent website" that you don't understand?
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 8:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again.
by Law in the UAE any company that trades has to hold a trade license, which means opening an office etc. Your Company in the states won't be to just apply for one.