Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Residency Visa in Riyadh - KSA

Residency Visa in Riyadh - KSA

Old Feb 2nd 2013, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Investoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant future
Default Residency Visa in Riyadh - KSA

Guys, heres the situation. Sorry if this issue was already posted before.

I am here in Riyadh on Visit Visa, I would like to convert it to Residency Visa.

Now, I started a business with a Saudi National etc but he was unable to get visas for the activity which we practice (Real Estate) apparently it is kept for Saudis only.

We are left with two options according to him. Either we go to the black market and "buy" a visa from there.... or ... we open another business where they are easy with granting visas to foreigners....

The latter takes longer to do.... the former is very expensive and unlikely I will find a British Residency Visa for sale plus its illegal .

Any other alternatives? Many thanks.

Some folks say keep goin in and out every month but you'll stay as a tourist forever lol.... you will also get involved in money laundering and getting saudis to send your salary here and there.... what the....

I want residency in ksa

Inv.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 2:33 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Residency Visa in Riyadh - KSA

It does not sound good. I will ask a guy in the compound to see how he got a visa for a COO position with a real estate developer.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Investoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant future

I cannot find any PRO who can get me a residency visa.plz if anyone can tell me how they obtained their residency in ksa. Which authority did u deal with. Which PRO or muaqib as they call them there did u deal with.

I am here on commercial visa i wanna transfer it to residency. Thanks.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Got some new info today.

Apparently it is not allowed to transfer Commercial Visa to Residency. So I am told to leave the country and wait until an Employment Visa is produced then this employment visa is converted to Residency and this whole process takes time and is costly.

Someone told me there is another way which is quicker and legit but will cost you. Sounds dodgy to me! Someone has someone on the inside kinda thing.

How did you guys in KSA get your residency!
Old Feb 14th 2013, 11:55 am
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Investoman_uae
So I am told to leave the country and wait until an Employment Visa is produced then this employment visa is converted to Residency and this whole process takes time and is costly.

Someone told me there is another way...
A Work visa and then a residence permit legally can by done via your Saudi sponsor only and by law this cost for him, not for you.
If you (or he) will do this illegally then you (not he) will end like those guys:
http://www.arabnews.com/stranded-exp...t-complex-case
Old Feb 14th 2013, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

lol thanks northbadawi for the heads up, and no i aint planning on goin down the illegal route.

The issue now is there are some activities or jobs which are classed for saudis only and foreigners cannot get visas to work in such activities.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Change the profession listed !
Old Nov 16th 2013, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys,

I am back. After 9 months I got my employment visa... it was delayed cus of the transfer period which was from April till now.

Anyway the situation is as follows: They wrote down country of origin UK... and I have to fly back to UK to go to the KSA consulate there and they stamp my passport etc and i get back here.

Is there anyway I can avoid this. I have a Dubai residency cant I just fly out to Dubai and get it done there?

Any help is appreciated, I just wanna know if there is a way around this.

Cheers,

Inv.
Old Nov 16th 2013, 9:38 am
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

If visa confirmation is sent to KSA embassy in UK then you need to go there for endorsement to your passport (or send you passport via courier).
You can try to change visa location from UK to Dubai, but this will take not less than another 9 months.
Old Nov 16th 2013, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northbadawi
If visa confirmation is sent to KSA embassy in UK then you need to go there for endorsement to your passport (or send you passport via courier).
You can try to change visa location from UK to Dubai, but this will take not less than another 9 months.
Yes I was told dont change it it will restart the whole process from scratch.

Cant I do it in Dubai, I have a residency visa there and I travel there all the time. I was there before coming to Riyadh, cant they send my electronic file to KSA consulate in Dubai and I can just go there and get the stamps.

Also you said I can send passport by courier? You mean I dont have to be there physically? I thought I will enter KSA with that passport and stamp so that am registered at the airport that am entering with employment visa.

Thanks,

Inv.
Old Nov 17th 2013, 5:18 am
Off Topic

Yes I was told dont change it it will restart the whole process from scratch.
Cant I do it in Dubai, I have a residency visa there and I travel there all the time. I was there before coming to Riyadh, cant they send my electronic file to KSA consulate in Dubai and I can just go there and get the stamps.
Are you really in KSA now? Then you should know that here you can not "just go and get", everywhere must be a process.
If they already sent it to UK then there is no process to resend it to Dubai, or it is so complicated that nobody wants to bother.

Also you said I can send passport by courier? You mean I dont have to be there physically?
You can send passport and ALL OTHER MANDATORY DOCS, and you don't need to be there physically (At least I did mine twice when my visas were sent to Paris and Copenhagen).
And I'm not sure if they endorse you new visa while they see you are still in KSA on previous business visa.

I thought I will enter KSA with that passport and stamp so that am registered at the airport that am entering with employment visa.
Yes, you must enter KSA on your new Work visa.
Old Nov 17th 2013, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know once the visa is authorised to be issued by a specific Embassy, that cannot be changed. Either start again or go to London.
Old Nov 17th 2013, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks NorthBadawi and Scot, decision is made. I will have to go to London.

Now then, what is the process there? What is required of me as paperwork etc.

How long does it take?

I am worried they will come up with some paper that I dont have.

Inv.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 6:47 am
Just Joined

KSADoonhamer is an unknown quantity at this point

In UK I did all mine online and just sent the passport to the embassy with the paperwork.

https://enjazit.com.sa/

I had a medical, had it legalized by the UK FCO, there are two fees to pay, a registration fee $10.50 and a visa fee $16.00. There was also a application form you fill in online, print off, sign and send. I also had to upload a passport photograph that will be used on your visa.

I also had to send a coy of my work contract.

I then got a my visa which in turn after arrival has been turned into an Iqama by the company.

Not sure if this is of any help to you as you are not resident in UK but maybe of use to others.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KSADoonhamer
In UK I did all mine online and just sent the passport to the embassy with the paperwork.

https://enjazit.com.sa/

I had a medical, had it legalized by the UK FCO, there are two fees to pay, a registration fee $10.50 and a visa fee $16.00. There was also a application form you fill in online, print off, sign and send. I also had to upload a passport photograph that will be used on your visa.

I also had to send a coy of my work contract.

I then got a my visa which in turn after arrival has been turned into an Iqama by the company.

Not sure if this is of any help to you as you are not resident in UK but maybe of use to others.
You are a life saver, please send me your contact number in Private. I am about to do all this. I have booked to go to UK... I was asked to do the medical there but to pay online for it via the enjazit system.

By the way did they ask you to provide attested certificates? I am planning to get mine done anyway just incase they ask for them.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Inv.