Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Residency permit fron Dubai, renting in Abu Dhabi...

Residency permit fron Dubai, renting in Abu Dhabi...

Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

shandolier is on a distinguished road
Default Residency permit fron Dubai, renting in Abu Dhabi...

My visa/residency permit is from Dubai Media City as my employer's office is there but I am looking to rent a flat in Abu Dhabi. Will this be a problem or do I need some form of paperwork?

Any advice would be greatfuly received... Also does anyone else think the rental market might be easing up a little? Agents seem to be more willing to negotiate than before Christmas...
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of
Default Re: Residency permit fron Dubai, renting in Abu Dhabi...

As i understand it your visa covers the UAE and therefore you can live in any Emirate you choose to.

On the rates they are traditionally a little higher in AD, but if you believe the front page of 24/7 this morning they are expected to drop 10-15% this year, according to the experts that is
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:42 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

My company is JAFZA based and we have 3 AD properties so, Yes it can be done..

it causes hassle for obtaining booze licences etc if you reside in a different emirate to that of your visa..
Old Jan 5th 2009, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by commander
My company is JAFZA based and we have 3 AD properties so, Yes it can be done..

it causes hassle for obtaining booze licences etc if you reside in a different emirate to that of your visa..
Commander, its been bugging me, who is that picture of on your avatar? If you dont mind me asking! Looks a bit like Shaun R with a REALLY red face and a can of red bull, might be wrong tho...
Old Jan 5th 2009, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

shandolier is on a distinguished road

Oh yes, alcohol licence....

Once I am resident in Abu Dhabi but have my work permit out of Dubai, where do I go to get my alcohol licence!?
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:09 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
Commander, its been bugging me, who is that picture of on your avatar? If you dont mind me asking! Looks a bit like Shaun R with a REALLY red face and a can of red bull, might be wrong tho...
Tyrone me old mate, you are correct..

I look **** all like him right enough..
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:13 am
banned

Originally Posted by shandolier
Oh yes, alcohol licence....

Once I am resident in Abu Dhabi but have my work permit out of Dubai, where do I go to get my alcohol licence!?
ok, hot topic with us right now

1. You must have a booze licence for the emirate you RESIDE in (i.e a Dubai one is invalid)

2. If you reside in a different emirate to your visa, you must provide a letter from the municipality of employing emirate to state that you dont have a license in this emirate.

3. You can get the form from MMI or Spinneys etc in AD, but it must be typed in Arabic.

4. You need a salary certificate and a copy of your residence visa and tenancy agreement.

5. Take it to KCA police station with a load of dosh

my advice, get your PRO on the job if possible.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

just check with your company first as some employers state that you have to be resident where your trade licence/office is etc.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by commander
Tyrone me old mate, you are correct..

I look **** all like him right enough..

Bit like me and Tyrone
lol