Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Request Qatar Family Guidance

Request Qatar Family Guidance

Old Jan 17th 2015, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

qatarliving is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Request Qatar Family Guidance

Can someone shed some light onto the quality of schooling for elementary school kids. I would appreciate input from muslim families as I am moving to Qatar from USA hoping to get quality education for the kids. I would not be opting for the exorbitant high expensive schools like Doha American School or ACS but would request anyone with experience as to the quality in mid-price schools like Doha British School, Cambridge International School for Girls, Newtown Academy, Doha College, etc. As this is very critical & imperative and will greatly help me in making the final move. I would love to seek help and guidance from any family that moved to Qatar with this as top priority.
Thank You Indeed,
POB.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

primularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond reputeprimularossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Request Qatar Family Guidance

I am european, not muslim and my daughter is in ACS. It is an international school with kids from everywhere. About half the kids are muslims from different countries. As far as I know the quality is quite different among the schools and you also have to decide which sort of curriculum do you want: British, IB, american, and so on. Doha College follows the British curriculum, they say it is very good but it is extremely difficult to get a place. the choice of the school also depends on where will you be living as traffic in the morning is heavy and it might take ages to take the kids to school. Search the forum, you will find a lot of useful information. Apply NOW for next year.