Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Replacing 'rented' white goods

Replacing 'rented' white goods

Old Jul 16th 2012, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Replacing 'rented' white goods

Under a Dubai tenancy agreement, if a furnished apartment is supplied with white goods, is it the landlord or tenants responsibility to repair or replace those white goods if they break due to normal everyday use?

Strangely my opinion and that of my landlord seem to be different… Anyone know if there is a definitive answer?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 8:11 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Replacing 'rented' white goods

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Under a Dubai tenancy agreement, if a furnished apartment is supplied with white goods, is it the landlord or tenants responsibility to repair or replace those white goods if they break due to normal everyday use?

Strangely my opinion and that of my landlord seem to be different… Anyone know if there is a definitive answer?
Can't provide you with an answer, but ask your landlord this. Would you be okay if I was to take those white goods with me at the end of my tenancy? If the answer is no, then he owns them and it's no different to the shower or air con breaking.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 8:12 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

What does your lease say?

You are permitted normal wear and tear, so if an item has broken due to normal use, it should be your landlord's responsibility to replace it.

My responses are taken to be fairly definitive..
Old Jul 17th 2012, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep

I asked the same question when I took an 'Overpriced' apartment in Satwa, a few years ago. I did not get an answer from the landlord, and there was nothing written into the Tenancy Contract.

As I already had all of my own appliances, I asked for the ones installed to be removed. This proved to be a good decision, as the appliances supplied were 'Chinese!' - Enough said!

After a year, tenants found that they were responsible for the appliances, and were being charged Neff/Ariston Prices, for cheap Chinese replacements! - Repaired in Sharjah!

If you have the 'Whitegoods' removed, always ensure that you obtain a letter of agreement from the landlord.