Reload this Page >

renting unmarried in Dubai..

renting unmarried in Dubai..

Old Jun 28th 2014, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

icekia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default renting unmarried in Dubai..

Hi everyone,
I need serious adivce here. I know there's lots of you out there who have been in this situation..:
My boyfriend and I are moving to Dubai in September. He will start working straight away, while I will have some time to look for a flat (1 bed in Marina hopefully) - I will also have a working visa, don't worry.
We want the rental contract to go in his name so how should I approach the rental agencies in terms of who the flat is for/how many people will live in there/who will sign if.. we are not married?

Please help!!
Old Jun 29th 2014, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Default Re: renting unmarried in Dubai..

Thank you!
We thought about it but we don't think we should get married for such a reason. We've only been together a year and we need more time together.
Thanks for your advice though. Won't they need a marriage certificate though if I say I'll live here with my husband and he will sign the contract?
Old Jun 29th 2014, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Obviously getting pregnant will also cause problems.
In case that was not clear enough, getting pregnant whilst unmarried will normally land you in jail, and not just for a couple of days, prior to deportation.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

@archie159 we are not even considering getting pregnant, don't worry.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 9:18 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by icekia
@archie159 we are not even considering getting pregnant, don't worry.
Famous last words.

I am sure we've all been to shotgun weddings out here.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Meow
Famous last words.

Exactly... and it is a bit depressing how often one reads in the newspaper of some woman reporting sick to the hospital, only to discover that she was unknowingly pregnant, and who then finds herself making a swift trip to the deportation lounge via a stay in jail (with the non-spouse following after)...
Old Jul 1st 2014, 9:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
Famous last words.

I know of at least two.

Renting unmarried - lots of people do it, it's fine unless you upset someone and they cause you issues.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I know of at least two.

Renting unmarried - lots of people do it, it's fine unless you upset someone and they cause you issues.
its only a problem when its a problem!
Old Jul 1st 2014, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

So, do I need to buy a hat ?