Reload this Page >

Renting in Dubai, commuting to Abu Dhabi

Renting in Dubai, commuting to Abu Dhabi

Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Eric is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renting in Dubai, commuting to Abu Dhabi

Hi all,

I am thinking, as an alternative, I could rent in Dubai and commute to Abu Dhabi for work. The reasons are: cheaper rent, possibility to pay by 3, 4 or maybe more cheques, etc

What do you think? What are the best places to rent in Dubai if I intend to commute to Abu Dhabi? How long is it going to take to go from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by car?

Thanks in advance fro your help
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of
Default Re: Renting in Dubai, commuting to Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by Paul Eric
Hi all,

I am thinking, as an alternative, I could rent in Dubai and commute to Abu Dhabi for work. The reasons are: cheaper rent, possibility to pay by 3, 4 or maybe more cheques, etc

What do you think? What are the best places to rent in Dubai if I intend to commute to Abu Dhabi? How long is it going to take to go from Dubai to Abu Dhabi by car?

Unless Bison is driving, two hours given the roadworks...
It´s just 100 km but say at least an hour and a half.
It´s actually increasingly common nowadays as the AD housing situation is a nightmare for most.

Best place?..well, as close to the road to AD as possible I guess. New Dubai area (the residential part that's closest to AD).
Old Feb 20th 2009, 12:28 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Where is AD do you work?

Springs/marina to corniche leaving at 6am will take around 2 hours (approx)
Old Feb 20th 2009, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

I am thinking, as an alternative, I could rent in Dubai and commute to Abu Dhabi for work.
Sod that! How hard have you looked to find something in Abu Dhabi?
Old Feb 20th 2009, 3:05 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

I know some blokes in construction who do this - they got places in JLT and commute each day. They couldn't find anything in AD and as they are late 20's and single prefer being located in Dubai.

The drive is a bit of a pain, but last year I was doing it every day for 3 months and you get used to it.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
Sod that! How hard have you looked to find something in Abu Dhabi?
Bambi is right - you need to be on the ground looking. four colleagues are currently in the process of home hunting/reloating. three have found places within budget - and even found room to negiotiate down (al Raha and sometimes older places that need a bit of TLC). One even found a 3 bed villa on island less than 300K. it is not as grim as many make out. You just have to be persistent and patient - and on the ground. Commuting will be a pain - roadworks on main arterial roads into city - Al Salam (8th) and Kaleej Al Arabi (30th)
Old Feb 20th 2009, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

it could be upwards of 2 hours if on island and its a real pain in the bum and when its foggy its lethal road....... i wouldnt do it unless necessary. a lot of people are having to do it tho.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 5:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

i would lose the will to live if i had to do that journey every day...i did it for a week and hated it...

MM, xx
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:34 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Agree MM. What the fecks the point..

Its grim thou in AD when weescot is getting excited because they have found a 3bed for less than 300K (I'm guessing 295K)
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:45 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Agree MM. What the fecks the point..

Its grim thou in AD when weescot is getting excited because they have found a 3bed for less than 300K (I'm guessing 295K)
couldn't agree more! it is an awful drive to say the least
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:52 am
banned

It's a real boring drive. A drive I am about to embark on. Ps BC ill have some stuff for the sale with me next week
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
It's a real boring drive. A drive I am about to embark on. Ps BC ill have some stuff for the sale with me next week
that's fantastic ! we are away next weekend but there is a drop off point on the Lakes. I will PM you the address.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice

Ii did for two months on a daily basis late last year and it killed me - never again ! I have since found somewhere decent to live but at a massive price which i try to forget in order to be sane !! The housing situation in AD is indeed a nightmare and have since found out that many colleagues are now car-pooling the commute from Dubai to AD which is a very good alternative if poss.

i.e. you can get 1 bed in discovery gardens for around 80k, 1 bed in jlt for 100k or 1 bed in jbr for 120k, and with a car pooling scheme you can end up saving a mini fortune from the hefty AD housing accomdation allowances as well as alleviating the pressure's of a daily drive -allbeit at the loss of some independence. good luck
Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Paul Eric is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for your responses.

I know that commuting would be a pain, but to be honest, when you start feeling happy you found a place in AD at 300K, it shows how bad the rental market in AD is.

I am still in the UK at the moment, If everything OK I would start working in AD on 5th of April. The office is very close to Corniche.

I will see what I find in AD when I come over there.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

right if you are travelling to corniche its a long way with all the roadworks on all the ways into town. what about a speed boat or helicopter.... the long term plans are to have water taxis (but am forgetting thats a long way off)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.