renting in Dubai

Old Aug 21st 2011, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

maddie2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default renting in Dubai

Ive found a property to rent but the process seems really odd compared to renting in England, the landlord has emailed me title deeds, trade lisence and a copy of the owners passport. But the details were discussed in someone else appartment, and he wont do a contract until my company produces a check even though he will let me move in before this.
Has anyone else had a simular experience and should i go ahead with renting this appartment?
Old Aug 21st 2011, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

paca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nice
Default Re: renting in Dubai

yeah, its a bizzare system and especially if your direct and not through an agent. I heard there are some scammers about so make sure its all ok
Old Aug 21st 2011, 5:12 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maddie2011
Ive found a property to rent but the process seems really odd compared to renting in England, the landlord has emailed me title deeds, trade lisence and a copy of the owners passport. But the details were discussed in someone else appartment, and he wont do a contract until my company produces a check even though he will let me move in before this.
Has anyone else had a simular experience and should i go ahead with renting this appartment?
I'd advise you to get all the paperwork before you hand over any money...
Proof of ownership, make sure the name on it is the same as the one in the contract and the person you got the passport copy from...if its not correct you could be paying the rent to the wrong person and the owner might not even know it's been rented out. If you pay to some one else than the person on the title deed/proof of ownership, make sure you get a POA that is done through the Dubai courts. If there are 2 names, get the passports of the 2 people, make sure that the other one is aware that the apartment is being rented to you and that they know you are paying to only 1 person.
And of course you will need to see the contract first before paying, it's a bit stupid to hand over any money without knowing what's in the contract.
If the paperwork isn't a 100%, you won't be able to connect your Dewa as they check these things...
Old Aug 24th 2011, 12:30 pm
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by maddie2011
I suggest, if it seems fishy...it probably is... plus there's like a million other apartments available - renters market and all that...
Old Aug 24th 2011, 2:26 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

If there is any doubt walk away. It's not worth risking your money. At least if you go through a RERA registered agent there is more legal protection.