Reload this Page >

renting direct from landlord

renting direct from landlord

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

sg800 will become famous soon enough
Default renting direct from landlord

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a source where I can find properties for let direct from the landlord? Most of Dubizzle is agencies, whilst other obvious sources are the likes of Better Homes etc. I am ideally looking for a 2 bed in Marina/JBR/JLT and rather than pay an agency the best part of a thousand pounds just for opening a door for me, I thought I would try to see if I can get something direct. Any help would be much appreciated
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 6:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: renting direct from landlord

Originally Posted by sg800
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a source where I can find properties for let direct from the landlord? Most of Dubizzle is agencies, whilst other obvious sources are the likes of Better Homes etc. I am ideally looking for a 2 bed in Marina/JBR/JLT and rather than pay an agency the best part of a thousand pounds just for opening a door for me, I thought I would try to see if I can get something direct. Any help would be much appreciated
just refuse to pay the agency fees, make the landlord pay them
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Does this happen? I havent come across it, will give it a go!!
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:28 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sg800
Does this happen? I havent come across it, will give it a go!!
yeah we did it, you just tell the agent that the landlord pays their commision or you aint renting, good luck!
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:04 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea...so the Landlord will just make you pay through the rent instead.

Granted some agents are useless and deserve nothing but if the agent actually works, takes you to see apartments, advertises them, negotiates better rent or payment methods with the Landlord and helps you find what you are after why wouldn't you pay them?

N.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

Granted some agents are useless and deserve nothing but if the agent actually works, takes you to see apartments, advertises them, negotiates better rent or payment methods with the Landlord and helps you find what you are after why wouldn't you pay them?

N.
When I was looking before 12 months ago one agent I used refused to negotiate with the landlord as they 'werent on the best terms with him' and did not even do so much as open a door for me - they got security to let me in. And then wanted 5%
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:27 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

N.
Are you saying its only right that the commission is paid by the tenant?

If I didn't know better, Id say you had changed career paths....
Old Dec 7th 2009, 8:59 am
Concierge

N.
why should I pay them, if the landlord wants his property rented out then he should pay them to find tenants.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 9:01 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

why should I pay them, if the landlord wants his property rented out then he should pay them to find tenants.
Thats the way it works here in Bahrain.....
Old Dec 7th 2009, 9:01 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Thats the way it works here in Bahrain.....
and the rest of the world too I would imagine
Old Dec 7th 2009, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

That is a very good point, and for some reason one that I have not previously thought of.....
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:08 pm
Banned

blinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Try squatting, it's cheaper.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

and the rest of the world too I would imagine
Nope.
If you go to a real estate agent in the rest of the world to find a place to rent, it is usually you, who has to pay the fee. And why not. A good agent will not only show you several places, but can also give you advice about neighborhood, schools etc.pp. A good agent will make a proper rental agreement in your interest, he will do the handover and help you with subscription for water,electricity, telephone aso.
So, why should a landlord pay for these services???
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:02 pm
Concierge

[QUOTE=Dilmun;8156051]Nope.
If you go to a real estate agent in the rest of the world to find a place to rent, it is usually you, who has to pay the fee. And why not. A good agent will not only show you several places, but can also give you advice about neighborhood, schools etc.pp. A good agent will make a proper rental agreement in your interest, he will do the handover and help you with subscription for water,electricity, telephone aso.
So, why should a landlord pay for these services???[/QUOTE]

because he wants a years rent on an empty property?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:27 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dilmun
So, why should a landlord pay for these services???
Because he wants to rent out his property and have deposits, references, legalities etc... sorted out by someone else?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.