Rent Renewal

Old Jan 7th 2015, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rent Renewal

My landlord tried the 12 month notice at my last rent renewal but didn't give Notarized or Registered delivery notice.
Have notified him that I intend to renew as the proper notice wasn't given.

he's now asked for a copy of the Ejari registration in order to give the proper 12 month notice. Anyone know of any reason why I shouldn't send him a copy?

Can't think of any reason myself.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 6:45 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rent Renewal

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
My landlord tried the 12 month notice at my last rent renewal but didn't give Notarized or Registered delivery notice.
Have notified him that I intend to renew as the proper notice wasn't given.

he's now asked for a copy of the Ejari registration in order to give the proper 12 month notice. Anyone know of any reason why I shouldn't send him a copy?

Can't think of any reason myself.
I wasn't aware that he needs it to issue notice and as landlord (assuming his name is on the deed) he can get it directly from the Land Department anyway.

I wouldn't worry about being given notice at this point in time. I reckon rental prices are likely to stay pretty stable or go down over the next 12 months depending on who you believe and which area you're in.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
I wasn't aware that he needs it to issue notice and as landlord (assuming his name is on the deed) he can get it directly from the Land Department anyway.

I wouldn't worry about being given notice at this point in time. I reckon rental prices are likely to stay pretty stable or go down over the next 12 months depending on who you believe and which area you're in.
if the landlord wants to end the lease in order to sell the property he needs to give 12 months notice to the tenant. that notice needs to be notarized or delivered by registered mail.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 7:30 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

if the landlord wants to end the lease in order to sell the property he needs to give 12 months notice to the tenant. that notice needs to be notarized or delivered by registered mail.
Yes I get that. I was trying to say that I didn't realise he needed a copy of the Ejari certificate to issue the notice..
Old Jan 7th 2015, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by norsk
Yes I get that. I was trying to say that I didn't realise he needed a copy of the Ejari certificate to issue the notice..
agree. thats why I'm a little suspicious of his request
Old Jan 7th 2015, 11:20 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

agree. thats why I'm a little suspicious of his request
Perhaps he is trying to establish if you have actually registered the contract with Ejari. Lots of people don't of course.

I have heard some estate agents are advising landlords that if the contract is not registered the law does not apply. Ridiculously unprofessional by those individuals taking this approach, but unfortunately there will always be some tenants falling for this shit...so it continues!
Old Jan 11th 2015, 4:22 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

No requirement for Ejari. In fact it is the LL responsibility to do the Ejari, but most do not and as the protection afforded by doing it is almost all for the tenant I recommend doing Ejari yourself, it only costs 195 Dhm.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I had done the Ejari when i first rented it and when i renewed last year. Sent him c copy of the last one. Now he's gone quiet