British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Renew UK passport during Covid (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/renew-uk-passport-during-covid-933991/)

Simon Cahill Jul 27th 2020 7:27 am

Renew UK passport during Covid

Has anyone in the UAE renewed their passport in the last couple of weeks. Mine is not expired but no spare pages and I need to travel. The UK passport office advice has been useless.

csdf Jul 27th 2020 7:40 am

Re: Renew UK passport during Covid

I read somewhere that the waiting time is now in the 2-3 months range.

Desert Shaikh Jul 27th 2020 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Simon Cahill (Post 12887944)
Has anyone in the UAE renewed their passport in the last couple of weeks. Mine is not expired but no spare pages and I need to travel. The UK passport office advice has been useless.

I sent off for my sons passport 2 weeks ago via DHL from Saudi and still no acknowledgement from UKPA, although is has been signed for by them according to DHL. I am expecting a 2 month turnaround based on the backlog of 400,000.

Zhenhua Aug 26th 2020 11:26 am

Just received my wife's new passport today. Online application was submitted on 18th July.

prab Sep 14th 2020 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh (Post 12888018)
I sent off for my sons passport 2 weeks ago via DHL from Saudi and still no acknowledgement from UKPA, although is has been signed for by them according to DHL. I am expecting a 2 month turnaround based on the backlog of 400,000.

Have you received your sons passport yet? Just sent my sons documents off last week and waiting for them to be acknowledged by UKPA...looks like I'm going to be a waiting a little while longer than I'd originally anticipated...

Desert Shaikh Sep 15th 2020 7:02 am

Originally Posted by prab (Post 12909723)
Have you received your sons passport yet? Just sent my sons documents off last week and waiting for them to be acknowledged by UKPA...looks like I'm going to be a waiting a little while longer than I'd originally anticipated...

Still waiting. On the website it says it is under processs.

prab Sep 15th 2020 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh (Post 12910062)
Still waiting. On the website it says it is under processs.

Guess I should forget about travelling in October then!

mission Sep 20th 2020 10:53 am

My passport expired back in March and so early March i sent it off to the UK passport - i didn't receive my renewed passport until July :eek: