Reload this Page >

Removal firm for Doha (from UK)

Removal firm for Doha (from UK)

Old Mar 29th 2012, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

BerkshireGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removal firm for Doha (from UK)

Hi there,
I've not yet got to contract signing stage, but I've been told that I need to get things in order as I'll be moving pretty quickly...
can anyone recommend a removal firm from the UK to Doha? Ive contacted a couple of standard UK ones (bishops move and pickfords) but would be grateful for anyone else's thoughts...
I have searched on this thread and the last recommendations I can find are 2007 and 2010, so hoped for someone with recent experience...
Thanks in advance...
BG
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 4:44 am
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all
Default Re: Removal firm for Doha (from UK)

This crowd were recommended to me by a work mate who used them - didn't go with them in the end and went with Pickfords who did an excellent job both in the UK and over in Doha. 20 foot container was about 4500 sterling all in including double handling at the compound. This is when the containers are not allowed actually in the compound and everything has to be taken off outside and brought in via pick up.

International Migration Consultant
Anglo Pacific International Plc
5-9 Willen Field Road
Park Royal
LONDON
NW10 7BQ

Tel +44(0)20 8838 8493
Fax +44(0)20 8965 4954
Email [email protected]
Web http://www.anglopacific.co.uk
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abbey08
Anglo Pacific International Plc

I used this lot quite recently to have 2 x bags of excess baggage sent from UK to AD by the slow train method. Emirates wanted over £1,000 in XS and Anglo quoted around £160 to send in 10-14 days and looked like a bargain.

They screwed up big time - I received one of our bags plus a bag from someone who was sending his XS from Germany to the UK. Incompetent would be a kind description!

I ended up having to contact the owner of the other bag myself and between us, we managed to get it straightened out.

I finally received my missing bag around 2 weeks later and they gave me a refund on that piece.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Brit.Loz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BerkshireGirl
Hi there,
I've not yet got to contract signing stage, but I've been told that I need to get things in order as I'll be moving pretty quickly...
can anyone recommend a removal firm from the UK to Doha? Ive contacted a couple of standard UK ones (bishops move and pickfords) but would be grateful for anyone else's thoughts...
I have searched on this thread and the last recommendations I can find are 2007 and 2010, so hoped for someone with recent experience...
Thanks in advance...
BG
We made the move from Berkshire to Tanzania in 2009 and transported a second hand vehicle and whole household in a 20ft container via Rainbow Logistics. Do not use them if they are still trading!!!

On the postives, we also had quotes from Bishops Move and Crown Relocations and both would have been a much better choice.

We now need to transfer our belongings (excluding vehicle) from Tanzania to Bahrain and will be talking to Crown as they seem to be able to help from all types of locations.

Best of luck in your escape from Berkshire and I hope you don't suffer like we did!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

BerkshireGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone - I hadn't heard of crown so will give them a call... Thanks for the good wishes too!