removal companies

Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default removal companies

Hello - can anyone recommend a removal company and give me an idea of the costs of moving the contents of a 3 bed apartment from Abu Dhabi to Dubai (inc white goods)

I've been quoted 3000Dh less an undefined discount (they supply all the materials but I pack). Seems ok to me (when I compare to the UK), but I didn't want to let that on - I assume that he's taking me for a ride, so what is a fair price?
Old Jun 28th 2010, 10:22 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: removal companies

Have no idea what the price should be, sorry. But have been keeping an eye on this type of thread on another notorious forum and Crown Relocations seem to be getting a lot of recommendations. And we're seeing quite a few of their vans around AR at the moment, too.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 4:45 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

TMS - as used by Spugsy, PatsyStones, Northernboy & me. Excellent quality service. Not the cheapest (but not pricey either), but they are quick, efficient and you don't have to lift a finger as they pack it all (properly) and unpack at the other end.

http://tmsdubai.net/

Have you decided on a property now then?
-
Old Jun 29th 2010, 4:56 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hnd
Have no idea what the price should be, sorry. But have been keeping an eye on this type of thread on another notorious forum and Crown Relocations seem to be getting a lot of recommendations. And we're seeing quite a few of their vans around AR at the moment, too.
See 'em every day in Umm Suqiem/Jumeira 3 too. Wonder if the "exodus" is finally happening.

Sorry to change topic slightly but went to Spinneys on Al Wasl at 11:00 AM this past Friday and 1/3 of the parking slots were unoccupied....
Old Jun 29th 2010, 6:39 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
See 'em every day in Umm Suqiem/Jumeira 3 too. Wonder if the "exodus" is finally happening.

Sorry to change topic slightly but went to Spinneys on Al Wasl at 11:00 AM this past Friday and 1/3 of the parking slots were unoccupied....
I think those who are leaving are going now as schools are ending. I also know of a lot of people who are moving to take advantage of lower rents. No mass exodus.

That car park is packed in the afternoons, but rarely full any mornings, so that's not unusual.

-
Old Jun 29th 2010, 7:02 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
TMS - as used by Spugsy, PatsyStones, Northernboy & me. Excellent quality service. Not the cheapest (but not pricey either), but they are quick, efficient and you don't have to lift a finger as they pack it all (properly) and unpack at the other end.

http://tmsdubai.net/

Have you decided on a property now then?
-
yep we've used them twice, they are fantastic. Take the furniture (beds usually) apart if you need, wrap it all, put it back together, plumb in washing machines etc etc
Old Jun 29th 2010, 7:03 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Hello - can anyone recommend a removal company and give me an idea of the costs of moving the contents of a 3 bed apartment from Abu Dhabi to Dubai (inc white goods)

I've been quoted 3000Dh less an undefined discount (they supply all the materials but I pack). Seems ok to me (when I compare to the UK), but I didn't want to let that on - I assume that he's taking me for a ride, so what is a fair price?
I have used Acorn Movers LLC...very cheap and reliable. Was also quoted AED 5,500 to ship household goods in half a container to Australia.

Last edited by MacScot; Jun 29th 2010 at 7:30 am. Reason: sp.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 7:05 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Euromovers also pretty good - http://www.euromovers-ae.com
Old Jun 29th 2010, 7:18 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

What about www.moveyerselfyalazygit.com. Here they are cheap as chips.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 7:21 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
I think those who are leaving are going now as schools are ending. I also know of a lot of people who are moving to take advantage of lower rents. No mass exodus.

That car park is packed in the afternoons, but rarely full any mornings, so that's not unusual.

-
I always do food shopping Friday mornings. C4 first followed by Spinneys. 8 AM is empty. by 10 it's packed.

To see so many spaces empty at 11:00 is a bit unusual.

I doubt the existence of the mass exodus and hence the quotation marks but it doesn't mask the reality of more expats leaving Dubai than moving in.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

matthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse

I have used Pack N Move many times. Like others professional companies that have been mentioned, PacknMove disassemble everything, carefully wrap, transport and re-assemble. Never had any problems with them.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Delight are very good too. They do a lot of work in AD.

http://www.delightmovers.com/

Last edited by soukie; Jun 29th 2010 at 9:02 am. Reason: To add the web address
Old Jun 29th 2010, 9:36 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

DO NOT USE GOLDEN BOX REMOVERS...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...n+box+removals

this happened when i used them to move from Al rahagardens to Mangrove.

The ****ers still owe me a bedside lamp ;-)

Last edited by commander; Jun 29th 2010 at 9:38 am.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone. I will sure give the people mentioned a call.

For what it's worth, my take is that there appears to be a lot of movement but no mass exodus. Arabian Ranches had loads of places available 2 weeks ago.. I went there today and almost all I had previously looked at had gone…with more expected to come up soon.

Mini-Millhouse was accepted at DBS today so we now keeping Springs 1 & 3 in mind but it will most likely be Arabian Ranches subject to availability when I take it on in August.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 6:14 am
Just Joined

Haggis is an unknown quantity at this point

Wales Packing are the best! - used them 4 times in last 9 months due to delayed house completion.....and never any hassle. Wouldn't go anywhere else as efficient, friendly and excellent value. We are using them again next week...cos we just love moving....not! Contact +97143936782

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.