Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Relocating to Dubai

Relocating to Dubai

Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all
Smile Relocating to Dubai

Hi all,

I know many of these questions have probably been asked a million times, but as a new user I am struggling to find my way around the site etc.

I wanted to try and learn from anyone who has contacts for renting apartments, quite interested in the Old Town?

Bank Accounts, beachclubs etc etc.

I think this topic has been covered as well, but I will be living as an unmarried couple... I know several people who are out there doing similar, but wanted to get advice from everyone here who seem to be quite well informed!

Thanks in advance.
James
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating to Dubai

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
Hi all,

I know many of these questions have probably been asked a million times, but as a new user I am struggling to find my way around the site etc.

I wanted to try and learn from anyone who has contacts for renting apartments, quite interested in the Old Town?

I think this topic has been covered as well, but I will be living as an unmarried couple... I know several people who are out there doing similar, but wanted to get advice from everyone here who seem to be quite well informed!

Thanks in advance.
James
Old Town apartments dont seem to come onto the rental market all that much.

As for living in sin . as a european expat here you should have no problems.

For Bank accounts you will need to wait until you have your Residence Permit.
NBD and RAK Banks seen to have pretty good reputations. Dont go with Mashreq as their service stinks.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
James

there are actually one or two apartment there at the moment on Dubizzle

http://www.dubizzle.com/main/DubaiPr...partment8_Flat
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
there are actually one or two apartment there at the moment on Dubizzle

http://www.dubizzle.com/main/DubaiPr...partment8_Flat
Thanks Inselaffen, you guys seem really quick to reply with helpful comments, i'm very glad I found this forum!!
Old Nov 6th 2007, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi there, I have now written 2 replies to Inselaffen, but they don't come up on the thread...damn my technical incompetence!

Once again, in case this works, thanks for the replies...this forum looks like it is a really useful place, particularly for those people moving somewhere new!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 4:07 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
James
Hi James

I think if you stick to contacting reputable Real Estate brokers you may find what you are looking for in the Old Town.

Regarding bank accounts, you can set up an emiratesbank account without a visa (why you would want to is debatable though!). Lloyds will set up an account for you if your visa is under process and won't take very long to do. Depending on your situation you may want to consider an offshore account as well as keeping too much cash here is a bad idea for several reasons, including the fact that if you die it can take months or years to be realeased to your spouse (longer or never if you are unmarried).

Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Norm