British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Relocating To Ajman? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/relocating-ajman-526391/)

BrettJam Apr 2nd 2008 9:26 pm

Relocating To Ajman?

Hi all,

My first time here, seems like a good place to get info :thumbup: Just wondering if anyone can help me.

the company i work for are setting up in probably Ajman Free Zone and are relocating me, my wife, 2 month old daughter and hopefully dog (if accomodation allows it).

Now ideally id like to live in Dubai, but having been there a fair amount of times im familair with the crap traffic, so it makes sense for us to lie in Ajman near the office.

Can anyone tell me what Ajman is like? is it OK (safe) for young families? Is it feasible to still use the nightlife in dubai and taxi it there and back for a piss up?

Work are perhaps looking at purchasing apartments (seem alot cheaper in Ajman) so hopefully this means the family pet wont get any objections? If they do rent however, how likely will I come up against problems with landlords letting my dog in?!

Also, can anyone recomend any companies that do apartment / villa rentals and sales in Ajman?

I know im asking alot, but I hope someone can give me some pointers!?

Thanks anyway!

sinderelle Apr 2nd 2008 9:36 pm

Re: Relocating To Ajman?

We live on the Ajman/Sharjah border and yes Ajman is way safe :)

G/f has a 3 bed apartment (2.5 baths) on the 14th floor for Dhs75,000 per annum (rent) which also has sauna/steam/pool

As for dogs - eww - another g/f in Sharjah rescued a pup and within a week the watchman was up telling her to get rid - you need to ask up front really if dogs are allowed. When I worked in Property Management in Bahrain we allowed 'small' dogs - again, depends what you have :)

Check out http://www.gnads4u.com/properties - fill in the requirements and see what pops up, I won't like to recommend an Agent and have you get 'stuffed' but I would recommend you don't use Everest Real Estate Est

Oh as for partying in Dubai - it costs around Dhs80 from Renaissance Hotel to Aj border, which is just over a tenner and a 20 min drive - way cheaper than the UK - I paid GBP25 in Plymouth, Devon for a 10 min drive 4 years ago (in my semi-single days) :(

BrettJam Apr 2nd 2008 9:52 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply, its appreciated.

My dog isnt what id call exactly small...its a smallish german shepherd LOL,

If my work buy an apartment, is this a way to avoid potential restricitions? heck if it is, ill buy one if needed.

Im not overly keen having the family dog in an apartment, although its lived in one before, its a nightmare, itll need walking like 10 times a day, but i havent much choice, the missus is a civilian in this (work wants us to move)and she wont move without her dog, which means my company will not really be too impressed with me if i kick up!

On the plus point, I only have to buy food (and beer), so could get a dog walker lol.

sinderelle Apr 2nd 2008 9:57 pm

I'm sure if the Company owe the apartment, it's up to the Company to decide on the four legged tenants :)

I know where she's coming from - however, I took the decision to leave my GSD behind as he'd not lived in a flat before - still wish I'd done it differently.

Hell for Dhs1000-Dhs2000 per month (plus the sponsorship) you can have a live in maid that will walk the dog, clean the apartment, wash your car, cook your meals, babysit (if you have kids that is)

BrettJam Apr 2nd 2008 10:18 pm

hmmmmmm ill be taking 1 x maid then!

sinderelle Apr 2nd 2008 10:42 pm

someone else can fill you in on the sponsorship details (i don't have one) but I think it's a deposit of Dhs5000 with immigration and then you have to pay for her to go home (wherever that might be) once every 2 years.

Then it's up to you how much you pay/what you pay for, clothes/food etc

Blue Cat Apr 3rd 2008 2:36 am

there is a new Marina Club opening up in Umm Al Quain, looks good! Sinders I was going to email you the information but I can't remember your e mail id!

sinderelle Apr 3rd 2008 7:51 am

You have mail Blue Cat :)

Blue Cat Apr 3rd 2008 9:01 am

Originally Posted by sinderelle (Post 6151465)
You have mail Blue Cat :)

;)