Reload this Page >

relocating to Abu Dhabi?

relocating to Abu Dhabi?

Old Jul 19th 2009, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

mauramullins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default relocating to Abu Dhabi?

HI Folks,

My partner and I are contemplating on relocating to the Middle East from Ireland, namely Abu Dhabi or possibly Dubai. I have been attempting to research the current labour market in Abu Dhabi in order to establish the effects, if any of the global economic downturn on Abu Dhabi.

It seems difficult to get factual information on the current labour market as there are many opposing views online.

I am providing a short profile of both our careers below and I would be most obliged if you could provide any information on the potential availability of employment for either / both of these profiles or indeed how long you think it might take to secure employment.

Looking forward to hearing from you at your convenience,

Kind regards,

Maura

1. Communications Manager Profile:
Communications Manager with 6 years experience. A self-starter with a proven track record in communications directly reporting to Senior Management.

Areas of Expertise:
Development and Implementation of Communications Strategy
Crisis Communications with stakeholders including government departments and state agencies.
Primary spokesperson.
Communications Campaigns & Budget Control
Management of corporate PR events – launches etc.
Media Liaison
Management of Editorial Content for corporate publications, Annual Reports, Corporate Plan, Newsletters.
Presentation & networking skills, speech writing and press release writing
Ability to discuss and interpret technical language and content
Development and enhancement of company website
Internal Communications Responsibility
Management of design and identifying opportunities to use marketing materials and tools.
Internal communications
Provide Communications advice on an ongoing basis to Management Team.
Assessing & negotiating cost-effective sponsorship appeals, funding proposals & advertising propositions.
Management of rebranding initiative.
Internally communicating, advising and monitoring legislative bilingual responsibilities under Languages Act.
Development & Implementation of Language Scheme to develop the provision of a bilingual service to customers.

Construction Manager Profile:
Results oriented, hands on, construction and development professional with 6 years experience as a production manager - working in a large offsite construction manufacturing company on the construction phase - - BSc in Construction Management.
Areas of Expertise:
- Production Manager - design and manufacture modules for a range of clients across the construction industry - apartments, hotels, student accommodation and the health care sector.
- Staff Supervision of 100-170 employees from supervisors to trades skilled personnel.
- Management of subcontractors
- Management of Assembly operations
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Outstanding ability to direct a wide field of trades personnel.
- Materials Management
- Organisational and Times Management
- Quality Control Management
- Safety & Compliance Management
- Team Building and Leadership
- Construction Planning and Scheduling
- Budget Analysis.
- Expertise in developing control experiments leading to process improvements that
- Improves the overall quality of the product
- Coordinate the project delivery cycle from inception
- Take full accountability for on site operations
Old Jul 19th 2009, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice
Default Re: relocating to Abu Dhabi?

Originally Posted by mauramullins View Post

Construction Manager Profile:
Results oriented, hands on, construction and development professional with 6 years experience as a production manager - working in a large offsite construction manufacturing company on the construction phase - - BSc in Construction Management.

this person should have no probs getting a job in most of the GCC - although perhaps not as many oppurtunities in Abu Dhabi as there is in Saudi, Kuwait, Oman. I doubt there would be many chances for fruitful work in Dubai. Timescale from interview stage to starting day can be anything from 3 months to 9 months so be prepared !
Best of luck.

Last edited by Foxes; Jul 19th 2009 at 8:55 pm. Reason: add info