Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Relocate To Dubai,

Relocate To Dubai,

Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Napoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant future
Default Relocate To Dubai,

Hi,
For the time being I work as a Key Account Manager for a high profile company in Sweden.
I have extensive experience from the retail business as well as managerial roles and sales. I am looking to relocate to Dubai as my girlfriend is moving there.
I have been searching the net for different job sites but they all seem a bit shady and never answer any questions.
I would be deeply appreciative for any help regarding solid job agencies and the best way to proceed for relocating to Dubai successfully.
I have also been told that the smartest way to get a job in Dubai is to come there once self is that correct? And if so, what time frame is reasonable?

Any help on this matter would be appreciated and if my relocation to Dubai I successful then the alcohol is on me!...

Kind Regards

Nima
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocate To Dubai,

Originally Posted by Napoleone
Hi,
For the time being I work as a Key Account Manager for a high profile company in Sweden.
I have extensive experience from the retail business as well as managerial roles and sales. I am looking to relocate to Dubai as my girlfriend is moving there.
I have been searching the net for different job sites but they all seem a bit shady and never answer any questions.
I would be deeply appreciative for any help regarding solid job agencies and the best way to proceed for relocating to Dubai successfully.
I have also been told that the smartest way to get a job in Dubai is to come there once self is that correct? And if so, what time frame is reasonable?

Any help on this matter would be appreciated and if my relocation to Dubai I successful then the alcohol is on me!...

Kind Regards

Nima
hi nima, welcome!! Do a search on the wiki, it has a whole load of agencies listed...

MM, xx
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
hi nima, welcome!! Do a search on the wiki, it has a whole load of agencies listed...

MM, xx
after speaking with a lot of people... and a few of the agencies based in dubai... a lot of the time they don't even bother getting back to you unless you're based in dubai. unless you can find one that's based in your own country.

i'm setting aside about 2months to find something out there... but everyone keeps telling me it's not enough time... i guess it works really slow out there...

what industry are you a KAM in?
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:39 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cham128
I am guessing Ikea....
Old Jan 15th 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MataHari
I am guessing Ikea....

I never realised you were so funny
Old Jan 15th 2008, 1:06 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I never realised you were so funny
so you're not perfect...
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MataHari
so you're not perfect...
does this mean you'll take down the altar and stop worshiping me then?
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:09 pm
hmmmm...nice

does this mean you'll take down the altar and stop worshiping me then?
not so fast amigo...
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Napoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant future

after speaking with a lot of people... and a few of the agencies based in dubai... a lot of the time they don't even bother getting back to you unless you're based in dubai. unless you can find one that's based in your own country.

i'm setting aside about 2months to find something out there... but everyone keeps telling me it's not enough time... i guess it works really slow out there...

I have been working as an Area Manager for the retail industry and now as an KAM in the telecom business.

Not IKEA though..=)

Are setting aside two months for job seeking over there? Sounds way to long if you ask me? Agree on the job agencies though.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Are setting aside two months for job seeking over there? Sounds way to long if you ask me? Agree on the job agencies though.
probably not...things don't always work at high speed here...

MM, xx
Old Jan 15th 2008, 3:08 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Better to get the right job, rather than take the first job, no?
Old Jan 15th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
probably not...things don't always work at high speed here...

MM, xx
don't always? isn't that a bit of an understatement? lol

really though i was kinda hoping you'd say telecomms or IT...

a friend of mine works for a swedish company out there called brightpoint... try and get in contact with them in sweden and see if they have any vacancies for dubai... they might even be able to set up an interview for you before you go...

if i speak to her at any point i'll see if she can have a look internally, but she's flying around the world at the moment so i doubt i'll speak to her in the next month or so
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

don't always? isn't that a bit of an understatement? lol

really though i was kinda hoping you'd say telecomms or IT...

a friend of mine works for a swedish company out there called brightpoint... try and get in contact with them in sweden and see if they have any vacancies for dubai... they might even be able to set up an interview for you before you go...

if i speak to her at any point i'll see if she can have a look internally, but she's flying around the world at the moment so i doubt i'll speak to her in the next month or so
Thank you very much!

I will definitely look in to it,

Since I have been working with a broad variation of fields I have no problem switching market though. So managerial roles and retail possessions are just as interesting as I have had a number of leading roles in these areas as well.

Regards

Nima
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

B.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud of

Hi,

Kind Regards

Nima
Hey Nima,

Give this guy a call:

Paul Hawkins

Tel 009714 3914828
Mob 00971506465174

He runs his own agency, been in the region for years and normally works on the finance side - Banks etc but he may be able to either help directly or point you in a more focused direction. Mention my name.
( Adrian not B.Geezer ! )

Good luck mate!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Kind Regards

Nima
Nima,

Can I assume your girlfriend is also Swedish?

My suggestion is to send her on alone, a few weeks before you, to see if she can do some research into what Dubai's like, etc.

There are a number of agencies who can help her settle in as Dubai can be a very unsettling experience for women there alone. I myself can recommend an agency...... in fact by coincidence I have done some work for them in that particular field in the past.

Would you like to ask your girlfriend to get in touch with me?

Just let me know your thoughts..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.