Reload this Page >

Refinancing car...

Refinancing car...

Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

sg800 will become famous soon enough
Default Refinancing car...

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if it is possible to refinance a car loan? I have a loan with Emirates Bank and pay back 3200 AED p/month over 36 months. I have paid 15 months of it so far. Trying to cut some costs at the moment (credit crunch ) and considered selling it but its a terrible time to sell.

I am wondernig whether anyone has had experience of changing the terms of the finance i.e. making it over another 36 months from now for example, thus bringing the cost of payments down significantly?

Any advice would be much appreciated
Old Jul 13th 2009, 10:00 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refinancing car...

Originally Posted by sg800 View Post
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if it is possible to refinance a car loan? I have a loan with Emirates Bank and pay back 3200 AED p/month over 36 months. I have paid 15 months of it so far. Trying to cut some costs at the moment (credit crunch ) and considered selling it but its a terrible time to sell.

I am wondernig whether anyone has had experience of changing the terms of the finance i.e. making it over another 36 months from now for example, thus bringing the cost of payments down significantly?

Any advice would be much appreciated
Only one person can answer that and its Emirates Bank, if you don't ask you have no chance but if you do then you never know.......a shy boy never got any sweets
Old Jul 14th 2009, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice
Default Re: Refinancing car...

What I found was that the interest for the intial loan was included in the total cost - If I settled my car loan early, I would essentially still pay the full interest - if you got a loan elsewhere, you may end up with a double hit of interest, however, like has been suggested, a discussion with Emirates bank is your best option.

However, if you refinance, your payment would drop to prob 2000 per month... would the 1200 dhs make a big difference, or worth sticking to the original plan and have it paid off sooner?