Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Reem Island, Abu Dhabi?

Reem Island, Abu Dhabi?

Old Jun 8th 2012, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

dono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant future
Default Reem Island, Abu Dhabi?

Hi all, in AD for a week now and looking for housing. Our choice is between a 3br in Sun Tower (Reem Island), or a 3br in a small oldish compound villa in Nahyan camp. Wil appreciate advice from Abu Dhabians....Will be working in Corniche and have a toddler + infant. Help please and fast, thx
Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:11 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi?

Originally Posted by dono
Help please and fast, thx
**** me, ill just drop everything...
Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

reem island is new and still under construction, but with a car is right near to the CBD, but al nayhan is established but not that old, so i dont know of any small oldish compounds there, be wary of villa splits without proper paperwork. reem will be more difficult to get in and out when everyone moves in to all its towers whereby al nayhan is more lower rise buildings.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
**** me, ill just drop everything...
do you need to buy a belt???
Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:50 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dono
Hi all, in AD for a week now and looking for housing. Our choice is between a 3br in Sun Tower (Reem Island), or a 3br in a small oldish compound villa in Nahyan camp. Wil appreciate advice from Abu Dhabians....Will be working in Corniche and have a toddler + infant. Help please and fast, thx
Shirley it's a personal choice, or are you thinking asking total random strangers where to live is a wise and well thought out move?
Old Jun 8th 2012, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have the right name for the Al Nayan camp

There was an Al Nayan compound I remember that had 1, 2 and 3 beds in that was very nice indeed and a breeze to get to the corniche
Old Jun 8th 2012, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Do you have the right name for the Al Nayan camp

There was an Al Nayan compound I remember that had 1, 2 and 3 beds in that was very nice indeed and a breeze to get to the corniche
yeh al nayhan camp to me is the new area behind the one to one hotel.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

x

Last edited by al dente; Jun 8th 2012 at 3:52 pm. Reason: Because OP's attitude is irritating.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
yeh al nayhan camp to me is the new area behind the one to one hotel.
Thats the one. Used to be very nice I thought and rooms were a decent size with a private patio for sunny dipping or braai'ing on. Pool was a bit small but hey if its a decent price then I would have thought it ok. Breeze to get to the Royal Meridien etc.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thats the one. Used to be very nice I thought and rooms were a decent size with a private patio for sunny dipping or braai'ing on. Pool was a bit small but hey if its a decent price then I would have thought it ok. Breeze to get to the Royal Meridien etc.
yeh in al nayhan camp there is a big compound just behind the ministry of foreign affairs, the one to one etc that is split into apartments etc (i suspect that is a proper legal compound but best to check), but dont think that would be classed as a 3 bed smallish villa in an older compound
Old Jun 8th 2012, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

yeh in al nayhan camp there is a big compound just behind the ministry of foreign affairs, the one to one etc that is split into apartments etc (i suspect that is a proper legal compound but best to check), but dont think that would be classed as a 3 bed smallish villa in an older compound
It was designed as an apartment compound sodef not split villas. The 3 beds are on the ground floor
Old Jun 8th 2012, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It was designed as an apartment compound sodef not split villas. The 3 beds are on the ground floor
yeh i thought it was from driving past.... it looks like it was done in a proper way, but of course a lot of them are not hence the need to check the paperwork and dont believe the agents telling you all is fine. but its flats not villas, as villas dont have apartments on top of them.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

nahyan camp...trust me
Old Jun 8th 2012, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

dono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant future

Yes those ones, the 3br on the ground floor, close to the one to one hotel. They are surely apartments but with a small yard and terrace where you can fit a table and some chairs. The swimming pool is smallish but looks clean. What do you think living there compared to Sun Tower?

yeh i thought it was from driving past.... it looks like it was done in a proper way, but of course a lot of them are not hence the need to check the paperwork and dont believe the agents telling you all is fine. but its flats not villas, as villas dont have apartments on top of them.

Last edited by dono; Jun 8th 2012 at 8:03 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by saudiflares
nahyan camp...trust me
OK I trust you, it was 3 years ago almost to the day that I left AD so memories are starting to fade

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.