The RED slip....

Old Jul 26th 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all
Default Re: The RED slip....

No AXA actually....oh well, another couple of weeks wasted sorting something out then.

Yep, that's what I thought might be the case. Bugger..... Not much I could do about it, apart from turn back time and not pull out etc etc. Mind you back in the UK 3 points from a camera = premium increase.

Thanks guys.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

You get a premium increase in the UK for only 3 points now? Methinks somebody is cashing in on the huge number of speed cameras infesting the place.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Oh yeah! A huge scam....especially as (and i'm guessing) more than 40% of people will have 3 points? Oh and although they come off your licence after 3 years, insurance companies take them into account for 5!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:44 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
Oh great it can take that long??!?! I presume a red slip, meaning they believe you are at fault, just means that my insurance company will pick up all of the bill? And that my premium will be affected for next year.....or is there anything more sinister?
easy as that, you will probably have a fine to pay when you register your car next though
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Shiva....i'll look out for a fine on the police website (nothing yet) but I suspect it takes a few days. It's all pretty obvious when you think about it but when it's your first ever crash and they give you stuff all in Arabic it was a bit of a worry!

Annoyed in equal parts with myself and the other driver, but at least no-one was hurt!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:14 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

No AXA actually....oh well, another couple of weeks wasted sorting something out then.

Yep, that's what I thought might be the case. Bugger..... Not much I could do about it, apart from turn back time and not pull out etc etc. Mind you back in the UK 3 points from a camera = premium increase.

Thanks guys.
Ask for Rajeev, he is the guy in charge of AXA claims...by the way, from your description, my view is that the accident was definitely your fault. You cannot expect a driver to stop to let you in.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Agreed...i have never said it wasn't my fault..... It's just that in single lane each way traffic when he could clearly see i had edged out he could have yielded slightly to allow me to complete the manoveur. But again as you say that would just be a courtesy, he could of course just carry on and drive straight at me...which is what he did.

But thanks....I guess they will process the claim in their own time. The 'surveyor' saw it today, it is relatively minor damage, so will wait for them to give approval for it to be fixed.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:17 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

your not going to believe this, my car is fixed
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hooray!!! Good for you. So far it has been relatively painless, got it all approved and just have to book it in. However they need it for a WEEK to change one smallish panel, so holding off for a week as I go away for a few days and they can do it then.

I am so going to regret saying that..."so far relatively painless"!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:23 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray!!! Good for you. So far it has been relatively painless, got it all approved and just have to book it in. However they need it for a WEEK to change one smallish panel, so holding off for a week as I go away for a few days and they can do it then.

I am so going to regret saying that..."so far relatively painless"!
I needed a new front bumper and they told me it would take 3 days. Anyway the work was authorised on Tuesday and they rang today to say I could pick it up whenever I want. I have to say I am impressed I was expecting it to be away for ages.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok, that's given me a glimmer of hope! It's just because I don't have two cars that it's a pain so the missus will have to do taxis to work.

It's a dent on the front near side wheel arch for me. What car do you have?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:36 pm
Concierge

Ok, that's given me a glimmer of hope! It's just because I don't have two cars that it's a pain so the missus will have to do taxis to work.

It's a dent on the front near side wheel arch for me. What car do you have?
front bumper passenger side, bit dinted and bashed, not too bad but I think they replaced the bumper, the quotation for repair was 5000 dhs. And don't worry about being in a hurry to get this done, the accident my other half had was last August this has been the first opportunity we have had to get it sorted. He is in UK so I have used his car whilst mine is getting fixed.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah, good to know, was wondering if there was a time limit. Oh well will just get it done while we are away for a few days!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:45 pm
Concierge

Ah, good to know, was wondering if there was a time limit. Oh well will just get it done while we are away for a few days!
check with your Insurance Co though cos you were with a different one to me
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Will do thanks....kust booked it in for a week on Saturday so i'm sure it will be fine! If only your car was still there i'd have just said take it off BC's car, she won't mind!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.