Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for camping equipment in Riyadh?

Recommendations for camping equipment in Riyadh?

Old Jan 19th 2020, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recommendations for camping equipment in Riyadh?

Hi all,

I need to buy a big family tent or a large car roof top tent in Riyadh. I know about the Al Sanadi chain, but their tents seem very overpriced ($500 for a tent that in the US is $150) and their range is fairly limited. Does anyone have a recommendation? I was told of a camping shop on Khueris Road but not sure where exactly that would be. Thanks!!
Old Jan 19th 2020, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Recommendations for camping equipment in Riyadh?

Edit - the Khueris road camping store has soft-top tents apparently.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Some answers to my own question:
Al Sanidi (several branches around Riyadh) - huge camping shop, best place to go.
Al Rimaya - a small hunting & camping shop with several branches around Riyadh. Also recommended.

Carrefour - branches everywhere - cheap but extremely low quality selection of camping stuff. I bought 4 x camping beds for $10 each, all were broken when unpacked, took them back to the store, they put them straight back on the shop floor. Avoid
Old Jan 30th 2020, 3:04 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely second that on Sanadi, there's a branch in Buraydah and it's like saudi man heaven in there. They've got absolutely everything you could ever need.
Old Feb 3rd 2020, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Again, second the recommendations for Al Sanidi. Someone once did mention a 'tent' souq that was somewhere in Ruyadh, but can't really remember where he directed me to. Might have been downnear Batha. He had bought a canvas awning that attaches to the side of the SUV, and then rolls out. With the aid of a couple of props and ropes, provides a nice shade when set up. ARB do one, but at a much higer price.

Al Rimiya is not bad either, a bit limited in selection, but also sell some car components for off roading , eg good quality air compressors, and they also used to stock some ARB equipment. And guns.
Old Feb 10th 2020, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks all - another question if I may - where do you buy large gas cooking cannisters? Not the camping ones - the type used at home (e.g. 45kg of gas). Can you just buy one at a gas station? Thanks!