British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Recommendation for housing (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/recommendation-housing-917472/)

Jammy_Dodgers Sep 19th 2018 2:18 pm

Recommendation for housing

Are there currently any areas in Dubai with decently priced villas or apartments? Someone mentioned Mira to me as an option
I want to be somewhere in between the airport area and barsha/tecom areas

TIA

DXBtoDOH Sep 20th 2018 7:01 am

Re: Recommendation for housing

Silicon Oasis is probably decently central between airport and Barsha/Tecom.
Sports city is closer to Barsha/Tecom but not that much further away from Silicon Oasis.

What's your budget?

Gavtek Sep 20th 2018 10:10 am

Business Bay I'd say, plenty of cheap apartments there, may also be able to use the Metro if required.

Millhouse Sep 20th 2018 4:31 pm

mudon

Bob Sep 20th 2018 6:28 pm

Oh aye, you're back then, nice :)

pupdawg82 Sep 21st 2018 1:11 pm

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but what are good options in Abu Dhabi beside Corniche and Reem Island? What building you would suggest in Corniche area that has things to do for children (like play area)?

Gavtek Sep 23rd 2018 4:01 am

Originally Posted by pupdawg82 (Post 12566111)
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but what are good options in Abu Dhabi beside Corniche and Reem Island? What building you would suggest in Corniche area that has things to do for children (like play area)?

If you don't mind living a bit further out from the city centre, Al Muneera and Al Zeina (both in Al Raha Beach) have great facilities for kids (several playgrounds, lots of swimming pools, private beaches, lots of extra-curriculum activities hosted - swimming lessons, gymnastics, karate, kids yoga, football/rugby off the top of my head). Lots of cycling to be done away from roads too.

Me 2.0 Sep 23rd 2018 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Gavtek (Post 12566682)
If you don't mind living a bit further out from the city centre, Al Muneera and Al Zeina (both in Al Raha Beach) have great facilities for kids (several playgrounds, lots of swimming pools, private beaches, lots of extra-curriculum activities hosted - swimming lessons, gymnastics, karate, kids yoga, football/rugby off the top of my head). Lots of cycling to be done away from roads too.

And they’re directly under the flight path.

pupdawg82 Sep 23rd 2018 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by Gavtek (Post 12566682)

​​​​​​Thanks. I would prefer to stay in downtown area so it's closer to office but will definitely check it out. Thanks

Gavtek Sep 24th 2018 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Me 2.0 (Post 12566853)

And they’re directly under the flight path.

Al Zeina is, Al Muneera isn't.

Jammy_Dodgers Sep 24th 2018 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 12565801)
Oh aye, you're back then, nice :)

Yo Bob, Been a loooong time... hows things?

Bob Sep 25th 2018 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers (Post 12567190)
Yo Bob, Been a loooong time... hows things?

Same old, same old :D

You back to liven things up with the timers? :)

dominoman Sep 26th 2018 11:08 am

Originally Posted by pupdawg82 (Post 12566111)

WTC is 5 mins walk from the Corniche and has decent play areas for younger kids. One indoor with lots of toys and one outdoor with climbing frame, swings, wooden train etc.