Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Recommend a mechanic ON Abu Dhabi Island

Recommend a mechanic ON Abu Dhabi Island

Old Oct 27th 2011, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough
Default Recommend a mechanic ON Abu Dhabi Island

Hi all. Any mechanics you'd recommend on island? If not, any other ones you know of in Musaffah.

I have an old car so not really worth going to dealer for me.

Also, are there any car mechanic areas ON island instead of going all the way to Mussafah?

Thanks all
Old Oct 27th 2011, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommend a mechanic ON Abu Dhabi Island

i would say that all the mechanics are off island, as the rules state that anything "dirty" is off island and not to spoil the beauty etc. go along to the places at salam st though they may be able to tell u where to go.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Missak Motors. Not sure if he's still there but in 2006 he was in the block behind the Renault showroom on corner of Salam and Electra.

He carried out a complicated ac transplant putting an old Nissan's unit into my Pug 306 estate. Worked like a dream thereafter.

Mike Missak, Armenian/Leb I think. All the Brit expats used to recommend the guy
Old Oct 27th 2011, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Great. Will check out this guy this weekend.

Thanks
Old Jan 9th 2012, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Hi all. I used this Missak Motors guy the other day and was not impressed. A simple job, so he says turned out to cost me a small fortune.

My car was left in a mess with oil on the mats and everywhere else. I had to ask for them to clean it after. Several of my interior car's setting were adjusted by curious mechanics to

I was promised phone calls to let me know when it'd be ready but I had to call 4-5 times myself.

Really, I was not impressed. Maybe he thought I was a foreigner and decided to up the price. Even the sub-continent supervisor was surprised at the astronimical cost....but said that it was due to higher living costs in Abu Dhabi.

Labour charges were nearly half of the parts and this is not a dealership, just two small lockups in Mussaffah somewhere. Really, avoid this guys.

Things have definitely changed since 2006...