Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Recession and champagne breakfasts

Recession and champagne breakfasts

Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recession and champagne breakfasts

Any of the hotels doing the unlimited champagne breakfasts still ?

Im going to Dubai for a couple of days and want to recommend somewhere for my friends ?

Thanks
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:39 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recession and champagne breakfasts

Originally Posted by UKCityGent

Im going to Dubai for a couple of days and want to recommend somewhere for my friends ?

Thanks
Are you thinking of champaign brunches? Never heard of unlimited champaigne breakfasts here, but then I don't drink the stuff.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shadya

Even limited champagne is good

Any recommendations ?

Thanks
Old Jul 10th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Hi Shadya

Any recommendations ?

Thanks
But please refrain from the fornication on the beach stuff afterwards, can get you in trouble, and in the newspapers!!!

Plus right now the sand is bloody hot!
Old Jul 10th 2009, 1:30 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shadya

Any recommendations ?

Thanks
not been to one but I hear the Fairmont Hotel have a good one, and The Madinat.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
you must mean brunch...and yeah, there are quite a few doing it, including al qasr (my fave), mina al salaam, yalumba, peppercrab (incl a bottle of moet per couple, then unlimited beer/wine/spirits), and spectrum on one at the fairmont...

MM, xx
Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi MM

Thank you (I did mean brunch)

I think the peppercrab would be a good place and then maybe sliding over to the mina al salaam

UK
Old Jul 12th 2009, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Sean_f will become famous soon enough

Hi I am heading out from KSA in 10 days (visa stamp and sick of Bahrain already) what day are these brunches happening I and how much is the advrage price.

cheers
Sean
Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

sg800 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sean_f
Hi I am heading out from KSA in 10 days (visa stamp and sick of Bahrain already) what day are these brunches happening I and how much is the advrage price.

cheers
Sean
anyhting between 150 to 550 dependent on whether you want a british pub setting (nelsons, double decker) or champagne and the finest food (yalumba, al qasr etc)

Friday 12 - 4 is standard though some are 12-3.30/12.30-4 etc

Also places like Shangri La and Five Dining at Jumeirah Rotana do eat and drink as much as you like every night (200 and 160 respectively I think) so if you fancy an evening brunch thats a good shout.....